Sign in with
Your question

Cannot get videos to play. Have updated Flash Player.

Last response: in Windows 7
July 11, 2012 7:45:52 PM

Hello,
I cannot get videos to play. Everytime I try to watch a video on You Tube, or anywhere else, I get message: An Error has occured. Please try again later.
I have the most recent Flash Player installed, and have enabled Java Script, but still cannot play videos. PLEASE HELP!
a b $ Windows 7
July 11, 2012 8:29:05 PM

Are you running internet explorer 64bit by chance? Last I checked, Flash wasn't supported in that (you can download it and install, but you would just get the 32bit version).

Otherwise, what browser are you using, and are you sure you downloaded the correct adobe version for it?
Did this problem start after something happened, or has the computer always had problems with flash.
m
l
July 18, 2012 5:54:06 PM

Yes, I downloaded the 64 bit Adobe Flash. I use IE 9, and have tried videos on AOL, IE and Mozilla Firefox. I just purchased this laptop in May of this year (Acer Aspire) and have had this problem since I bought it.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
July 19, 2012 1:00:03 AM

jenispiel said:
Yes, I downloaded the 64 bit Adobe Flash. I use IE 9, and have tried videos on AOL, IE and Mozilla Firefox. I just purchased this laptop in May of this year (Acer Aspire) and have had this problem since I bought it.

I would suggest installing the 32 bit version as well as the 64bit, and get the firefox version. More than likely it's just not the right installer that is being run, each different browser requires a separate install of flash player (IE 32bit, IE 64bit, Firefox), and Window7 64bit comes packaged with both IE 32bit and 64bit, and is likely to be running 32bit normally.
m
l
!