TV card with audio over PCI

itstime98

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2003
I have the Leadtek winfast 2000xp delux tv tuner card and at the time of purchase i assumed that the card would capture both sound and video over the PCI bus. it doesnt, i dont know why not, video yes, audio no (can anyone tell me why not) so does anyone know of a card that will capture both over the pci bus. it seems so stupid to have to use an external cable to bridge the audio to the sound card (or onboard audio in, in my case).

G

All of the cards I have seen capture only video.

I've never had any problems running the external cable to the line in, with viewing or captuing.

itstime98

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2003
well it definitely is a problem for me cause i have on board audio, so therefore 3 audio rear ports (mic, line out, line in). but i an using all 3 to get analogue 5.1 channel, so i dont have access to the line in jack (stereo only has analogue 5.1). one way i though to get around this would be to feed the external cable into the case to the mobo audio aux line in (may be impossible), anyone know if this can be done?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The TV card has no internal CD audio cable header for audio out? Dang, how cheap is that! All my TV cards have had this!

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>