Windows XP and MSN Zone ActiveX download

Hi,

I'm running Windows Windows XP Pro and haven't installed service pack 2 yet.
For some reason I don't seen to be able to download the MSN Zone ActiveX
plug-in. I have tried all help options on the MSN games sites and followed
the instructions but nothing helps. I tried turning off my firewall
(ZoneAlarm 5) and relaxing privacy and security rules on Internet Explorer
but the plug-in won't download. I'm logged on as Administrator and my IE
security settings allow for download of signed and unsigned plug-ins, so I'm
still not sure why this won't work. It doesn't give me any error message, the
download pop-up screen comes-up I click "Yes" but nothing happens.

Any help is truly appreciated.
Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about windows zone activex download

    Hi Darlock,

    Turning off Zone Alarm might not be sufficient. End
    any of it's stray process(es) named VSMON in your
    Task Manager and try the download again.

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "Darlock" <Darlock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCD1F533-82C2-4B05-8944-0861EF118108@microsoft.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm running Windows Windows XP Pro and haven't installed service pack 2 yet.
    > For some reason I don't seen to be able to download the MSN Zone ActiveX
    > plug-in. I have tried all help options on the MSN games sites and followed
    > the instructions but nothing helps. I tried turning off my firewall
    > (ZoneAlarm 5) and relaxing privacy and security rules on Internet Explorer
    > but the plug-in won't download. I'm logged on as Administrator and my IE
    > security settings allow for download of signed and unsigned plug-ins, so I'm
    > still not sure why this won't work. It doesn't give me any error message, the
    > download pop-up screen comes-up I click "Yes" but nothing happens.
    >
    > Any help is truly appreciated.
    > Thanks.

Download MSN Windows XP Video Games