A cd/dvd will not fit my cd rom

KimberlyMarie

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013
Hello, I have a Windows 8 Pavilion g6 and the CD rom will not allow me to put a CD in, I just don't get why any CD/DVD I try to put in does not fit the player.

unoriginal1

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012
lol. If i had to bet. I'd imagine you are trying to insert the cd into a slot? Ironically enough I had an individual attempt this at work too. A cd/dvd rom opens and there is a tray you put the disk into. It doesn't "suck" it in like a dvd/cd player in your car. that spacing is just part of the case design.

I could be way off but sounds like thats what is happening :).

c_for

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2010
Just to confirm you are putting in a cd and not a record :sol:

Seriously though, this is the oddest question i've ever seen here. But lets see what we can do to help.

With this type of cd-rom you need to use a LITTLE force on the clear plastic inner section of the cd to make it grip the spindle. Then the cd will sit flush with the bottom of the drive and you should be able to close the cd drive.

Of course this is me guessing that you are just resting the cd on the open drive. A little more of a description would be helpful.

G

On the HP Pavilion notebooks, if there is one the DVD/CD drive is on the right side. If t's a tray model pushing the button to open it does not always open the tray all the way on some so to fit the disk you have to angle the CD/DVD to slip it onto the tray.