Sis 7012 Chipmunks

ShrimpStenman

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2003
My soundcard usually works just fine but with certain games like Mafia and Tomb Raider:angel of darkness the voices (only voices) sound like chipmunks talking. What can i do? In these games i have tried to use Software sound and such. I have the latest Driver.

Lrd_Mince

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2003
ROFL These are the same games(they're both installed on my PC right now) I have the same problem with. The same type of onboard soundcard too.

What you have to do is rightclick the volume icon in the taskbar, click on 'adjust audio properties', then click the Audio tab, then click 'Advanced' under the 'Sound playback' category, then click the 'Performance' tab, then move the 'Hardware acceleration' slider from Full to None. Keep clicking Ok until you're out of the properties and you're done.

That's why I'm about to buy an SB Live 5.1. I hate having to go through that everytime I want to play those two games. You could keep it on 'None' but then other games don't work.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Lrd_Mince on 07/03/03 02:04 PM.</EM></FONT></P>