[NEED HELP] Toshiba Loading Screen Not Showing

brianj424

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
Hi, I'm having a problem with my Toshiba Satellite C655. I can turn it on and off just fine, but when I turn it on, it skips over the Toshiba loading screen. (This screen:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/411/dsc00715q.jpg/sr=1
(Not my picture; I pulled it off of Google.))
I need to use that screen in order to access BIOS, but it does not show up and instead shows the screen with the Windows logo and a loading bar. I have tried pressing the function keys (F1 - F12) while the Windows logo was shown, but it did nothing.

Recently, I was fooling around with some of the settings and may have accidentally disabled something, but I do not know what/how I did it.

If someone could please tell me what I could try doing to enable that screen, I would be very grateful.
Thanks in advance.

This is normally a BIOS setting called "Fast boot or Quick Boot" or something such. It might have toggled off due to low battery causing a reset. This may also explain why a BIOS Boot Menu no longer appears.

It won't hurt to change your CMOS battery and might help. You can reset your BIOS at the same time to boot properly rather than skipping the splash screen.