this is me

steviemo03

Distinguished
May 20, 2003
this is me

here is a summery of my problems...
CAN ANYONE HELP ME . my pc has been acting very strange, well i think its the hard drive. it started off when i would try to enter C drive it would be deleyed or crash back to desk top<exe explore message>, or some times when u switch on it would make a wineing noise. switch off and then on and it would go stright to the bios and ask me to set/reset the proccessor speed, <which i have since found out that this is normal>. this has happened since we built the pc 1 year, so a month ago changed to a 2.2 AMD from 1.8, formatted H.D for the 100rd time and started again, but same problem!!! since this time, the pc has deteretated to the point where you cant run any applecations <games>statred off when playing FIFA2003 would play fine untill subtute would try to come on and it would take ages!!!!! and crash or playing VIETCONG it would crash a complete lock-up would have to hit the restart button for no reason!!THE situtation has improved some what, by using norton system works and perfect disk 06, but still crashes a lot, now all the icons on the desk top have lost there colour and are black!!
can anyone please help as i am at my wits end running out of options and money
AMD2200
W2000pro
128mb GF3ti200/500
512mb DDR
IBM 40 gig H.D
ASUS A7v333 bios up-date from 1006 to 1011
thanks...

kinetic_tw

Distinguished
May 29, 2003
or some times when u switch on it would make a wineing noise
Any hard drive that makes noise other than motor and spinning noise, is probably on it's way out. I'd say you're lucky it's lasted this long.

DeathStar!

TRENDING THREADS