$600 preamp for micphone

Last response: in Home Audio
June 9, 2005 12:06:50 PM

I want to recording Vocal for dance music. so,I want to buy mic
preamp.But, I don't know how to choise.( a lots of brands)
only <$600...only for vocal...single ch mic pre...
I want to buy voice master pro. But,a lots of teachers tell me:"It is
no good."
they say:"Mackie 1402 Mixer preamp is enough."
I know a lots of brands....is Chia OEM.....
sorry, I only know a little English...
thanks 2 everybody.

More about : 600 preamp micphone

Anonymous
June 9, 2005 4:05:20 PM

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 11:06:50 -0400, chinadj wrote
(in article <7e30f5ce.0506090706.36c34e72@posting.google.com>):

> I want to recording Vocal for dance music. so,I want to buy mic
> preamp.But, I don't know how to choise.( a lots of brands)
> only <$600...only for vocal...single ch mic pre...
> I want to buy voice master pro. But,a lots of teachers tell me:"It is
> no good."
> they say:"Mackie 1402 Mixer preamp is enough."
> I know a lots of brands....is Chia OEM.....
> sorry, I only know a little English...
> thanks 2 everybody.

In what country are you?

TY Ford

stuff are at www.tyford.com
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 4:14:51 PM

chinadj wrote:
> I want to recording Vocal for dance music. so,I want to buy mic
> preamp.But, I don't know how to choise.( a lots of brands)
> only <$600...only for vocal...single ch mic pre...
> I want to buy voice master pro. But,a lots of teachers tell me:"It is
> no good."
> they say:"Mackie 1402 Mixer preamp is enough."
> I know a lots of brands....is Chia OEM.....
> sorry, I only know a little English...
> thanks 2 everybody.

Get the FMR RNP....trust me, it blows the pants off anything mackie ever
made....and yes, that "extra" channel WILL come in handy the first time
you have to record anything other than vocals (yes it will happen).

Jonny Durango
June 10, 2005 10:17:51 AM

I agree about the RNP. Love it.

Another option is the Grace 101, which is almost disturbingly
transparent. This can be good for SOME things. Because it is so
transparent, I find I can stack tracks better with it without them
becoming as indistinct as a more colofrul preamp might do.

I find I like the 101 better for recording several layers of electric
guitars, or stacked backing vocals; but I probably prefer the RNP for
lead vocals, bass, acoustic guitar, or anything "singular" that I want
to stand-out in an otherwise dense mix.

One guys humble opinion,

-dave
www.themoodrings.com
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 2:17:48 PM

Look at Behringer:

www.behringer.com

Gianluca from Roma, Italy
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 4:32:52 PM

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 10:17:48 +0200, LAB wrote:

> Look at Behringer:

....Then buy something else.
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 4:32:53 PM

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 08:32:52 -0400, Agent 86 wrote
(in article <pan.2005.06.10.12.32.52.360746@control.gov>):

> On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 10:17:48 +0200, LAB wrote:
>
>> Look at Behringer:
>
> ...Then buy something else.

That's the shortest Burma Shave ad I've ever seen.

Ty Ford

stuff are at www.tyford.com
June 10, 2005 7:59:08 PM

makes me want to 'reach for my revolver' ;-)
Bob

> That's the shortest Burma Shave ad I've ever seen.
>
> Ty Ford
>

> -- Ty Ford's equipment reviews, audio samples, rates and other
audiocentric
> stuff are at www.tyford.com

Anonymous
June 10, 2005 8:44:59 PM

Ty Ford wrote:

> Agent 86 wrote:

> > On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 10:17:48 +0200, LAB wrote:

> >> Look at Behringer:

> > ...Then buy something else.

> That's the shortest Burma Shave ad I've ever seen.

We're dealing with stubble now.

--
ha
!