Fujitsu Siemens Amilo M7405 Keyboard Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdi

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
Hi All!

Firstly, I've posted this on the Fujitsu Siemens forums but its like no one wants to help so I thought I'd try my luck here as I was told by many that people here are more intelligent and helpful than anywhere else.

With that said, here we go!

I have this weird problem with my Fujitsu Siemens Amilo M7405.

When I type on the keyboard of the laptop, it will go crazy and sometimes jump to the end of a document or the start of the document or delete some text (as if i held down shift and pushed up and delete at the same time) and random things like what I mentioned.

When I play games like Unreal Tournament (good example), while playing, the command to type a message will appear as if i pressed the letter t (but didn't press it)

Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem?

PS: I've installed all the drivers (graphics, audio etc) correctly, except for the drivers for the touchpad as I never use it and Windows XP Pro has already used drivers... I doubt this will cause the problem but I thought I'd mention it, its also a pretty much fresh install.

Please this is urgent, as it causes me alot of grief and I really want to fix this asap!

Thanks!!!

garyhope

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
I have a Fujitsu Lifebook C2111 and it does some similar weird things with text jumping from the place I'm typing to another place in the document.

The tab and caps lock keys only work part of the time.

Video's make it crash and go to some bizarre resolution of about 40 X 60. I have to reboot. Maybe it's bad drivers.

The motherboard has been replaced twice because the AC connection has broken off.

The CD Rom stopped working for a while until I jiggled the lens thingy back and forth a couple of times. Then it started reading again.

The ironic thing is that I bought my Fujitsu because of a review that said the Fujitsu hardware was real dependable. Ha!, so much for that.

I don't think I'll buy another one.

I don't have a clue about how to fix the skipping problem. If it's still under warranty, perhaps Fujitsu will replace it.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.