powercore question

Last response: in Home Audio
June 9, 2005 10:04:07 PM

I am thinking of adding the tc powercore card to my computer for the
awesome reverbs it has. I have heard a lot about the powercore's
latency when recording. And tc's website even says that the poco is
optimized for a buffer size of 1024. With my RME hdsp9632 this results
in a latency of 23ms. What I would like to know is does this latency
involve playing in real time with effects? What if you are simply
playing back an already recorded audio track and just want to apply
powercores effects to it? Does the latency and buffer setting still
come into play or does it not matter.

More about : powercore question

Anonymous
June 10, 2005 12:36:18 AM

mixing... all plugins will induce a delay. but the DAW (that's key)
should have plug-in compensation. It figures out the latency and makes
it all work out ok.

most DAW's have delay compensation on the inserts. more and more DAW's
are getting the compensation on the groups and aux sends.

so with the plugin delay compensation, when you hit play, the daw takes
a few milliseconds to wind up, and then it chugs along all in sync.

this delay ain't nothin' compared to the delay of having 3 Adat's try
to sync with each other during playback startup.

Remember the 90's? how quaint.
!