No control!

I'm new to FS2004 and simulations in general. I'm having a
problem with control of the aircraft. I thought it was a
problem with my joystick (Thrustmaster Fox2 Pro), but their
support people have convinced me that it is not the stick.
As soon as I increase the throttle on the runway (when told
to) the aircraft goes out of control. I can't even keep it
on the runway. Sometimes, I'm told to increase throttle
when it is already maxed out! I'm running the sim. on a new
Dell laptop which has adequate memory etc. I have no idea
what is wrong and I have little experience so I don't even
no where to start to solve the problem. I'd appreciate any
suggestions.
Many Thanks!

peter

Go and make adjustments to the realizm. Back off the
sliders until you can control the planes.

Bobo

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2004

Under one of the options menu at the top of the screen is
a bunch of adjustments you can make for the control of the
planes. You need to look under those options and make the
adjustments such as backing off of the aircraft realizm
controls and such things as P factor. Back off the sliders
until you can control the aircraft. Experiment is the key.
Also make sure that auto rudder is enabled until you learn
how to fly.