Andrew

Will They Be Making A Flight Simulator 2005?
I Don't Need Any info on it I just want to know if there
will be one. thanx

no

Microsoft usually spaces versions two years apart. Many people think the
next version will be no earlier than second quarter of 2005 and be called FS
2006, but that is pure speculation. Microsoft is normally very sucessfull at
keeping even the existance of entertainment software titles and new versions
secret until they are ready to start their advertising campain a few months
before release. I imagine a talkative staff member would have an abreviated
carrier.

"Andrew" <andrewfigueiras@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Will They Be Making A Flight Simulator 2005?
> I Don't Need Any info on it I just want to know if there
> will be one. thanx

ME

yep just when we get all the bugs out of our systems running fs2004 we'll
go spend another $50 or so om the new sim.
it's a vicious cycle.
then we'll go through the same de-bugging process. but we'll still love it,
the flightsim junkies that we are. :)

"RobertVA" <robert_c72@nospam.notmail.com> wrote in message
> Microsoft usually spaces versions two years apart. Many people think the
> next version will be no earlier than second quarter of 2005 and be called
FS
> 2006, but that is pure speculation. Microsoft is normally very sucessfull
at
> keeping even the existance of entertainment software titles and new
versions
> secret until they are ready to start their advertising campain a few
months
> before release. I imagine a talkative staff member would have an
abreviated
> carrier.
>
> "Andrew" <andrewfigueiras@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Will They Be Making A Flight Simulator 2005?
> > I Don't Need Any info on it I just want to know if there
> > will be one. thanx

at least fs2006 will cost less (probably) than a couple
of cartons of cigarettes... }:)=

ME

another reason i'm quiting smoking !

> at least fs2006 will cost less (probably) than a couple
> of cartons of cigarettes... }:)=

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 02:51:56 -0400, "RobertVA"
<robert_c72@nospam.notmail.com> wrote:

>Microsoft usually spaces versions two years apart. Many people think the
>next version will be no earlier than second quarter of 2005 and be called FS
>2006, but that is pure speculation. Microsoft is normally very sucessfull at
>keeping even the existance of entertainment software titles and new versions
>secret until they are ready to start their advertising campain a few months
>before release. I imagine a talkative staff member would have an abreviated
>carrier.

I say M$ will be hard pressed to get FS2006 out in time for Xmas 2006.
They diverted a huge amount of programmers over to XP SP2. Meanwhile
AMD and Intel are getting pissed off WinXP64 is so late.

Flight Simulator 98
Flight Simulator 2000
Flight Simulator 2002
Flight Simulator 2004

see the pattern

"Andrew" <andrewfigueiras@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Will They Be Making A Flight Simulator 2005?
> I Don't Need Any info on it I just want to know if there
> will be one. thanx

Maybe not. There must be a lot of difference betwen operating system
security codeing and the physics and three dimensional graphics codeing in
the simulator. The staff members in the game development divisions might
need significant training to work on service pack issues. There might be a
connection to some of the delays for "Longhorn" (code name for the next
version of Windows) though.

"roundgauge" <a1@b2> wrote in message
> On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 02:51:56 -0400, "RobertVA"
> <robert_c72@nospam.notmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Microsoft usually spaces versions two years apart. Many people think the
> >next version will be no earlier than second quarter of 2005 and be called
FS
> >2006, but that is pure speculation. Microsoft is normally very sucessfull
at
> >keeping even the existance of entertainment software titles and new
versions
> >secret until they are ready to start their advertising campain a few
months
> >before release. I imagine a talkative staff member would have an
abreviated
> >carrier.
>
> I say M$ will be hard pressed to get FS2006 out in time for Xmas 2006.
> They diverted a huge amount of programmers over to XP SP2. Meanwhile
> AMD and Intel are getting pissed off WinXP64 is so late.

My concern is not how soon it's released, but how long
it stays in beta. FS9 was a 'preemie'.