New computer

My PC crashed and I purchased a new IMac. I also purchased Parallel software so I can run Window programs. I tried to load my purchased Window 7 on my new computer, but this was an upgrade from XP. I then tried to load the XP first and then Windows 7, but I get an error that I have a newer version on the computer.

How do I get through this and get Windows 7 loaded? I actually have a 3x license of Window 7.
3 answers Last reply
More about computer
  1. You cannot run Win7 installation on iMac or any Apple product. Apple may offer it's own version of windows compatibility addons but I never heard of installing windows on an iMac straight up. For better compatibility, get an IBM clone.
  2. Cyberat_88 said:
    You cannot run Win7 installation on iMac or any Apple product. Apple may offer it's own version of windows compatibility addons but I never heard of installing windows on an iMac straight up. For better compatibility, get an IBM clone.

Hi Cyberat_88
    Thanks for you answer.
    The Parallel software makes it possible for Apple IMac to run Windows 7. The problem I am having it that Windows 7 disk I have is an upgrade from Windows XP. I actually have Windows 7 running, but when it asks for the key code it will not accept. it asking to install Windows XP in first. So I basically have approximately 25 days to figure this out.
  3. Welcome to Microsoft Money, yes, the upgrade will not run without detecting XP, does it allow detection of previous XP disk from CD ? If you have a legal WinXP CD, only workaround to actually buying a new full version Win7.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Computers Windows XP