Sign in with
Your question

New computer

Last response: in Windows 7
July 12, 2012 4:49:16 AM

My PC crashed and I purchased a new IMac. I also purchased Parallel software so I can run Window programs. I tried to load my purchased Window 7 on my new computer, but this was an upgrade from XP. I then tried to load the XP first and then Windows 7, but I get an error that I have a newer version on the computer.

How do I get through this and get Windows 7 loaded? I actually have a 3x license of Window 7.

More about : computer

July 15, 2012 7:57:53 PM

You cannot run Win7 installation on iMac or any Apple product. Apple may offer it's own version of windows compatibility addons but I never heard of installing windows on an iMac straight up. For better compatibility, get an IBM clone.
m
l
July 22, 2012 3:20:27 AM

Cyberat_88 said:
You cannot run Win7 installation on iMac or any Apple product. Apple may offer it's own version of windows compatibility addons but I never heard of installing windows on an iMac straight up. For better compatibility, get an IBM clone.

Hi Cyberat_88
Thanks for you answer.
The Parallel software makes it possible for Apple IMac to run Windows 7. The problem I am having it that Windows 7 disk I have is an upgrade from Windows XP. I actually have Windows 7 running, but when it asks for the key code it will not accept. it asking to install Windows XP in first. So I basically have approximately 25 days to figure this out.
m
l
September 1, 2012 8:06:42 PM

Welcome to Microsoft Money, yes, the upgrade will not run without detecting XP, does it allow detection of previous XP disk from CD ? If you have a legal WinXP CD, only workaround to actually buying a new full version Win7.
m
l
!