Sign in with
Your question

KN - Core 2 Duo laptops anytime soon?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
July 26, 2006 8:16:29 PM

Hey,
First, thanks for answering all my questions previouly in this forum. So I've looked at the new AMD dual cores and read all the reviews of Intel's new Core 2 Duo and as much as it PAINS the hell out of me, looks like Core 2 Duo is the right choice.

I'm looking for the mid-range chip, the T7200. Gig ram, X1600, all that good stuff? Do you have a time frame on when you might be offering Core 2 Duo laptops, and around what price it would be with that chip?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Or, if Core 2 Duo won't be available for a while, will the price of current Core Duo laptops drop, and with the motherboard be compatible for upgrade to Core 2 Duo later on?
July 27, 2006 8:22:58 PM

DONT BLINK!

you will miss their release..... =)
July 27, 2006 8:43:32 PM

lol...i know they are "coming out" today, but ive read in a lot of places that you wont start seeing the laptops with them available for another month or so, trying to get a time frame before i buy :) 
Related resources
July 28, 2006 12:18:14 AM

I gotta say, I want to know as well cause I'm buying a Merom based laptop ASAP and KN is up there at the top of my list.
July 28, 2006 1:02:51 AM

I, too, am very interested in a merom-based notebook from Killernotebooks. I suppose, like the song says, the waiting *is* the hardest part.
July 29, 2006 2:27:55 AM

The Executioner is ready to ship with them!

What are you waiting for!
July 29, 2006 2:51:35 AM

I see the T7400 (2.16 Ghz) is available from the drop-down menu. Will the T7600 (2.33 Ghz) version be available soon?
July 29, 2006 4:25:02 AM

As far as I know the T7400 is not released in the USA, right now I can get them, it is the only type I can get at this time, and I don't know if the Executioner would recognize the CPU even if I could get them.

I think the system will have a BIOS upgrade in the future for that and even higher frequencies.
!