Multiplayer using Linksys router...HELP!!!

I have taken 4 days off of work trying to trouble shhot
and get things rolling again with both participating in
multiplayer sessions and hosting them as well. I am still
having problems but I will explain what I can and cannot
do. What I CAN do:

I can join any game in progress ONLY on zone.com
I can host a game ONLY with FSHOST

What I CANNOT DO:
I cannot host a game directly through the game
I cannot JOIN MY OWN HOSTED game that I host with FSHOST.
I cannot LAUNCH a game from zone.com

Ports I have opened up already is as follows:
47624
2300-2400

All of these ports I have gotten from troubleshooting
sites on this issue and I still cannot use the game the
way I used to when it was connected directly to the
modem. If anyone can post a reply here or even IM me at
newyorkfonzie on aim, yahoo or newyorkfonzie@msn.com on
MSN messenger to help, please do as I am desperate to get
this issue resolved. Thanks in advance to anyone that can
help.

I forgot to mention this is for FS2004. THanks again

Fonz wrote:

> I have taken 4 days off of work trying to trouble shhot
> and get things rolling again with both participating in
> multiplayer sessions and hosting them as well. I am still
> having problems but I will explain what I can and cannot
> do. What I CAN do:
>
> I can join any game in progress ONLY on zone.com
> I can host a game ONLY with FSHOST
>
> What I CANNOT DO:
> I cannot host a game directly through the game
> I cannot JOIN MY OWN HOSTED game that I host with FSHOST.
> I cannot LAUNCH a game from zone.com
>
> Ports I have opened up already is as follows:
> 47624
> 2300-2400
> 23456
> 80
> 6073
>
> All of these ports I have gotten from troubleshooting
> sites on this issue and I still cannot use the game the
> way I used to when it was connected directly to the
> modem. If anyone can post a reply here or even IM me at
> newyorkfonzie on aim, yahoo or newyorkfonzie@msn.com on
> MSN messenger to help, please do as I am desperate to get
> this issue resolved. Thanks in advance to anyone that can
> help.

The following site lists ports for DirectX games and the Zone:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/PortRoute.html

MsnZone: These Ports for Zone are TCP: 80, 443, 9999,
Port 6667 TCP is the Trigger Port for
this Port Range: 28800 to 29100 TCP

DirectX 8 and 9: All DX Ports are UDP:
Initial Outbound Port: UDP 6073 is the Trigger for
In/Outbound (Port Range): UDP 2300 to 2400

It also has many other suggestions.

--

+Elmo_Tech
MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

Add clvck to the subject line and correct my address if you email me.

ME

fonz,

i'm not sure about the 'zone' ,as i never go there any more.

but as for fshost when i join my sessions i set my 'multiplayer client port'
to 81, i have one of the fshost sessions set to port 80 and the other set
to port 9999.

i can join either one of my sessions, and join anybody else using port 81 to
connect.
why i don't know ,but 81 works for me without having to change 'multiplayer
client settings' each time.

go to http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/fshost/ and read the FAQ's again.

if you still have problems, e-mail russell at fshost@chocolatesoftware.com
, i'm sure he woulkd be glad to help.

also as elmo has stated. 'nibbleandbits has alot of useful information for
using routers and hubs.

goodluck !

"Fonz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have taken 4 days off of work trying to trouble shhot
> and get things rolling again with both participating in
> multiplayer sessions and hosting them as well. I am still
> having problems but I will explain what I can and cannot
> do. What I CAN do:
>
> I can join any game in progress ONLY on zone.com
> I can host a game ONLY with FSHOST
>
> What I CANNOT DO:
> I cannot host a game directly through the game
> I cannot JOIN MY OWN HOSTED game that I host with FSHOST.
> I cannot LAUNCH a game from zone.com
>
> Ports I have opened up already is as follows:
> 47624
> 2300-2400
> 23456
> 80
> 6073
>
> All of these ports I have gotten from troubleshooting
> sites on this issue and I still cannot use the game the
> way I used to when it was connected directly to the
> modem. If anyone can post a reply here or even IM me at
> newyorkfonzie on aim, yahoo or newyorkfonzie@msn.com on
> MSN messenger to help, please do as I am desperate to get
> this issue resolved. Thanks in advance to anyone that can
> help.

TRENDING THREADS