tons of static on audigy

recruit370

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2003
i'm getting tons of static in sound when playing games with my audigy gamer anyone know what to do about it?

ALWAYS AIM LOW SO YOU CAN'T BE DISSAPOINTED

svol

Champion
First check if the speakers aren't the cause of it... check the plugs and if the speakers and wires are not close to strong magnetic sources (like the monitor).

I love my Delta 60HP 7000 RPM fan that puts out more dB then CFM :eek:

BigBiggist

Distinguished
May 17, 2002
THat happened to me. I was all happy because i had a digital outlet, so i though i would use it....lo and behold all i got was a ton of nasty static. If you are using the digital outlet switch it and it should go away. Thats what it did with me anyways. If not....just, uh, disregard my rambling and hopefully somebody else has a nice solution.

A wise monkey never monkies with another monkey's monkey, unless another monkey monkies with another monkey's monkey before the wise monkey monkies with another monkey's monkey.

the_Prisoner

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2002
In games only? Not in music? Check the windows or the card software settings, maybe the software volume is set to high.
All this static from every speaker or one? Is this just one particular game, maybe the sound setting are wrong.

the Prisoner

I'm not a number, I'm a free man! :mad:

BigBiggist

Distinguished
May 17, 2002
Well, what i did was only use the two outlets on the left hand side of the rear of the card. The digital one is all the way on the right. So if you are not using the black outlet on the back left side of the card unplug from the right outlet and use the black one, that fixed it for me.

Does that help out any, its probably really confusing.

A wise monkey never monkies with another monkey's monkey, unless another monkey monkies with another monkey's monkey before the wise monkey monkies with another monkey's monkey.

TRENDING THREADS