Nathan

I have a plug and "pray" sidewinder joystick, and windows
xp pro. It's the standard gamepads. I was wondering if
anyone knows if it's possible to get the key macros and
turbo buttons features software bundled with it to work
in a xp environment? IT won't install because it
complains that it's not windows 9x kernel. I'm assuming
that If not possibly with the microsoft bundled software,
there may be a third party software capable of the same
thing?

Thanks

I'm not aware of any third party drivers. The software is definitely not
compatible, as you've discovered. The gameport versions of the product were
discontinued a few years before XP came out, and were never compatible with
the NT kernel OS family. If you were to purchase the USB version, it would
come with a version compatible with XP.

--
Steve Sullivan, MVP
Microsoft Hardware Products