Treo 600 vs 610

July 14, 2004 4:41:12 AM

Just heard Verizon is coming out with the Treo 600 in about a week. Any
advice if it makes sense to buy it now or should I wait for the 610.?

More about : treo 600 610

Anonymous
July 14, 2004 9:10:32 PM

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 00:41:12 GMT, "RLW" <Ryan_Weiss@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Just heard Verizon is coming out with the Treo 600 in about a week. Any
>advice if it makes sense to buy it now or should I wait for the 610.?

Ship date and feature list of 610 still somewhat up in the air.

--
John Bartley K7AAY http://celdata.cjb.net
This post quad-ROT-13 encrypted; reading it violates the DMCA.

yeltrabnhoj@email.com wrote in message news:<40f568f8.6601359@news.individual.de>...
> On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 00:41:12 GMT, "RLW" <Ryan_Weiss@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Just heard Verizon is coming out with the Treo 600 in about a week. Any
> >advice if it makes sense to buy it now or should I wait for the 610.?
>
> Ship date and feature list of 610 still somewhat up in the air.

Any update on the Treo 610 for Verizon?
July 20, 2004 1:15:05 AM

RLW <Ryan_Weiss@hotmail.com>:

> Just heard Verizon is coming out with the Treo 600 in about a week. Any
> advice if it makes sense to buy it now or should I wait for the 610.?

AFAIK the last rumors say that its name will be Treo 650, it will have
bluetooth and will support edge system... Someone says that if it come
out too late palmOne could add UMTS support (but it seems impossible to
me, because the UMTS rf is too big...)

Rashef
Anonymous
July 20, 2004 1:15:06 AM

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 21:15:05 +0200, Rashef <rashef@rashef.it> wrote:

>AFAIK the last rumors say that its name will be Treo 650, it will have
>bluetooth and will support edge system... Someone says that if it come
>out too late palmOne could add UMTS support (but it seems impossible to
>me, because the UMTS rf is too big...)

That rumor is not true . . . at least according the the latest verizon
website listing the 600. Also, Pa1mone lists it as the 600. Info is
here: http://web.palmone.com/verizonwireless/
--
E-mail: kevjay@attglobal.net
Anonymous

Previously on comp.sys.palmtops.pilot, Kevin said:

; That rumor is not true . . . at least according the the latest verizon
; website listing the 600. Also, Pa1mone lists it as the 600. Info is
; here: http://web.palmone.com/verizonwireless/

I find it interesting that the above site specifies that the Treo
supports National Access, yet the VZW site says it doesn't, it only
supports Mobile Web, which is different.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?ite...

Here's VZW's comparison:

Model Kyocera 7135 PalmOne Treo 600
Price $399.99 $449.99
Weight 5.0 oz 6.2 oz
Talk Time 138 minutes 230 minutes
Standby Time 160 hours 240 hours
Battery Lithium Ion (1200 mAh) Lithium Ion (900mAH)
Size 3.97H x 2.43W x 1.17D 4.4H x 2.4W x 0.9D
Color Screen Yes Yes
Screen Display 5 lines n/a
Ring Tones 25 tones n/a
Voice Dialing No No
Memory Locations up to More than 1000 n/a
TXT Messaging Yes Yes
Internet Ready Yes Yes
Get It Now No No
NationalAccess Yes No
Snap & Send Pictures No Yes
Push to Talk No No
n/a = not applicable

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

"Democracies do not remain democracies for long if elected leaders use
undemocratic methods."- Colin Powell, 4/18/02
Anonymous
July 20, 2004 3:58:52 AM

Folks, chill.

Any new cellular device for US deployment must be approved by the FCC
first. Ain't no 610 _or_ 650 listed at the FCC.GOV websites.

Don't watch the skies; watch the website.

--
John Bartley K7AAY http://celdata.cjb.net
This post quad-ROT-13 encrypted; reading it violates the DMCA.
Nobody but a fool goes into a federal counterrorism operation without duct tape - Richard Preston, THE COBRA EVENT.
Anonymous
July 20, 2004 12:53:22 PM

Kevin:

> That rumor is not true . . . at least according the the latest verizon
> website listing the 600. Also, Pa1mone lists it as the 600. Info is
> here: http://web.palmone.com/verizonwireless/

Sorry, I was talking about the next Treo: its name won't be Treo 610 but
Treo 650, AFAIK.
Anonymous
July 20, 2004 1:03:33 PM

:

> Folks, chill.
>
> Any new cellular device for US deployment must be approved by the FCC
> first. Ain't no 610 _or_ 650 listed at the FCC.GOV websites.
>
> Don't watch the skies; watch the website.

I live in Europe where there is no FCC... :-)

Well, I tried to give some suggestion, he's free to buy T600 or wait for
his updated version. ;-)
Anonymous
July 20, 2004 1:12:18 PM

Palman:

> Well,

Ops, sorry, I used the wrong PC!
Anonymous
July 24, 2004 9:39:12 AM

yeltrabnhoj@email.com wrote in message news:<40fc5ffb.31684937@news.individual.de>...
> Folks, chill.
>
> Any new cellular device for US deployment must be approved by the FCC
> first. Ain't no 610 _or_ 650 listed at the FCC.GOV websites.
>
> On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 21:15:05 +0200, Rashef <rashef@rashef.it> wrote:
>
> >RLW <Ryan_Weiss@hotmail.com>:
> >
> >> Just heard Verizon is coming out with the Treo 600 in about a week. Any
> >> advice if it makes sense to buy it now or should I wait for the 610.?
> >
> >AFAIK the last rumors say that its name will be Treo 650, it will have
> >bluetooth and will support edge system... Someone says that if it come
> >out too late palmOne could add UMTS support (but it seems impossible to
> >me, because the UMTS rf is too big...)

Where on the FCC's website can I find reference to phones being
approved? I couldn't even find the Treo 600.
Anonymous
July 29, 2004 4:19:24 AM

On 24 Jul 2004 05:39:12 -0700, ssm@xlall.com (Steve Miller) wrote:

>yeltrabnhoj@email.com wrote in message news:<40fc5ffb.31684937@news.individual.de>...
>> Folks, chill.
>>
>> Any new cellular device for US deployment must be approved by the FCC
>> first. Ain't no 610 _or_ 650 listed at the FCC.GOV websites.

>> >AFAIK the last rumors say that its name will be Treo 650, it will have
>> >bluetooth and will support edge system... Someone says that if it come
>> >out too late palmOne could add UMTS support (but it seems impossible to
>> >me, because the UMTS rf is too big...)
>
>Where on the FCC's website can I find reference to phones being
>approved? I couldn't even find the Treo 600.

Here's the Treo 270, which I happened to have bookmarked:
https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod/oet/forms...

I will leave you to dig around and find the item for the Treo 600.

--
John Bartley K7AAY http://celdata.cjb.net
This post quad-ROT-13 encrypted; reading it violates the DMCA.
Nobody but a fool goes into a federal counterrorism operation without duct tape - Richard Preston, THE COBRA EVENT.
Anonymous
July 29, 2004 4:34:54 AM

On 24 Jul 2004 05:39:12 -0700, ssm@xlall.com (Steve Miller) wrote:

>yeltrabnhoj@email.com wrote in message news:<40fc5ffb.31684937@news.individual.de>...
>> Folks, chill.
>>
>> Any new cellular device for US deployment must be approved by the FCC
>> first. Ain't no 610 _or_ 650 listed at the FCC.GOV websites.

>> >AFAIK the last rumors say that its name will be Treo 650, it will have
>> >bluetooth and will support edge system... Someone says that if it come
>> >out too late palmOne could add UMTS support (but it seems impossible to
>> >me, because the UMTS rf is too big...)
>
>Where on the FCC's website can I find reference to phones being
>approved? I couldn't even find the Treo 600.

Here's the Palm Tungsten W, which I happened to have bookmarked:

https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/forms/blobs/retrieve...

And, the Treo 600:

https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod/oet/forms...

PalmOne's machines: