GenocideMachine

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2003
I am interested in building an econo comp that could play computer games for a little while, if you could give input on where I need it please post and tell me.

The only parts of the system I am building that are a certainty are...
-Asus A7N8X Deluxe nforce2 chipset
-Maxtor Diamond Max plus 9 120gb, 8mb buffer, ata133
-AMD Athlon XP2500+ / 512KB Cache / 333MHz FSB / Socket A / Barton Core / Processor
-Chieftec - Blue Dragon Series Mid-Tower Case
-And for the moment my old geforce 3.

I will have the maximum amount of fans on the case to make overclocking a possibility if necessary, any recommendations for memory? Money on memory is not a concern since it can be used in future computers. A 400 watt power supply is most likely what I'll use, but unsure of most compatible. And if possible any recommendations for top of the line cd rom drives, since the ones I currently use tend to slow up at times.

Quetzacoatl

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002
I'd probably reccomend the Epox Nforce motherboards, as they are a lot cheaper and overclock better than the Asus ones. Good choice on hard drive, CPU pretty good. I've that case, except in black, they're easy to work with, very light, well built. Make sure you get some good memory, Pc333 or higher, and from a good manufactuer, Corsair, Mushkin, Crucial, Kingston, no cheapie generic. Power supply, i'd get either an Enlight 420watt or Fortron 400watt, both are good and relatively cheap. CD drives/DVD/CD writer, go for Liteon or Plextor.

I want to see an <font color=blue>Ati Radeon 99999 Ultra Pro</font color=blue>, based on the <font color=red>AtiRage core</font color=red>. And people wonder how a <font color=purple>Geforce3</font color=purple> is better than a <font color=orange>Geforce4 Mx...</font color=orange>