Question about dual monitors.

greenone

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2002
I am trying to setup dual monitors on my Windows XP machine.

My main video card is a ati radeon 8500le. The second card is a old trident pci card. XP installs the drivers for the trident card and says that there was a problem and the hardware may not work right. Code 10. I have no clue what that means.

My motherboard is an Asus A7S333.

Any advice?

Shouldn't be much of an issue. Does you 8500le NOT have dual ports? VGA + DVI? Strange, must be a 'lite' LE version.

I it just that you get an error message or does the card not work?
Anyways, the major thing is that your hardware is likely causing a 'driver signing' error. Which only means, 'your stuff is soo old Microsoft and all our money didn't think it was worth the extra effort to see if your part works well with XP, so therefore buy new gear, preferably something that has our sticker on it'. If the card work don't worry, I get driver XP errors all the time when I load OMEGA drivers, it doesn't mean it won't work, it's just no XP 'approved'.

If the card doesn't work even changing the BIOS boot sequenece and XP preference may not change that. And changing your primary device may affect gaming, I know it messed up my RAGE FURY when I made the AIW PCI primary.

Anywhoo, good luck.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com" target="_new"><font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
He's probably trying to run 2 CRT's. Can't do that with most 8500LE cards.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Ah yes forgot about the DVI-D issue. Just knew it had DB15 +DVI just didn't remember it was D.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com" target="_new"><font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yes, too bad many non-compatable cards are using DVI-I connectors because these companies figured out that it was cheaper to use one connector on everything rather than maintain 2 parts bins.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>