MicroATX suggestion

Ok, I just spent the most frustrating 4 hours of my life. I am tired of this oversized P.O.S. I'm tired of all of it. Too loud, too heavy, TOO SLOW.

Anyway, I know this goes against my last complaint, but I was considering a barebone system. Now, I just bought an ATI 9500 Pro and I don't want to get rid of it. The shuttle system I was looking at (SN41G2) only has a 200W PSU. Would that be a problem with the 9500? Not only power but heat/size?

Are there any other limitations I should consider?
Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about microatx suggestion
  1. Consider the fact it has only 1 PCI slot, little room for drives, a proprietary power supply, and a noisey fan. Then consider a Micro ATX platform instead.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>
  2. Good call.... who makes nice micro cases?

Are there any MicroATX Mobos using nForce2 with SATA?

I see most cases come with 200W PSUs, will that be enough for everything and the 9500pro?
  3. Lots of nice micro ATX cases are available. Look around newegg and pick one. Just beware of the low profile desktops that can only take half-height cards.

MSI makes an nForce2 with MCP-T, but I don't think it has SATA. Why would you need it?

I'd try to find a case that uses a standard ATX power supply. Most micro-ATX cases use one of the following form factor power supplies:

1.) PS-II: This is the standard ATX power supply (which is also the same size as PS-II AT power supplies)
    2.) PS-III: This is a slim version with the same size mounting plate as a standard PS-II size supply, but less depth for shallow cases
    3.) SFX: This is the type most often associatied with micro cases such as used in eMachines!

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>
Ask a new question

Read More

Components