adat sync cable pin outs

Last response: in Home Audio
June 14, 2005 2:48:25 PM

I want to make my own sync cable for my adat hd24 and a brc I am
purchasing. Any know the pin-outs and whether a cat 5 UTP cable would
be ok to use?
Thanks,
Piper
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 4:21:25 AM

"Piper Powell" <kpowell95@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I want to make my own sync cable for my adat hd24 and a brc I am
> purchasing. Any know the pin-outs and whether a cat 5 UTP cable would
> be ok to use?

To make a suitable cable: Connect pin 1 to pin 1, pin 2 to pin 2 etc up to
pin 9.

UTP cable will work... if it has nine conductors....!?

Remember that Alesis specifies that only newer BRCs does work with HD24..

/Preben Friis
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 4:21:26 AM

"Preben Friis" <noone@technologist.com> wrote in message

> Remember that Alesis specifies that only newer BRCs does work with HD24..

Citation, please? I don't believe any BRCs work fully with the HD24,
although some limited functionality is available.

And what constitutes a "newer" BRC? They haven't been made in quite awhile.

Hal Laurent
Baltimore
June 18, 2005 6:12:22 AM

"Hal Laurent" <laurent@charm.net> wrote in message

> "Preben Friis" <noone@technologist.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Remember that Alesis specifies that only newer BRCs does work with HD24..
>
> Citation, please? I don't believe any BRCs work fully with the HD24,
> although some limited functionality is available.
>
> And what constitutes a "newer" BRC? They haven't been made in quite
> awhile.

I might have remembered wrong... This is from the Aleisis FAQ:

Q: What version software BRC do I need to control the ADAT-XT, XT20 or LX20?
A: BRC version 2.04 or above is necessary to control the ADAT XT.

... and I reconed that this criteria goes for HD24 as well.

(My BRC is from the black-face period pre 2.04, so I never bought a HD24 and
canot tell if it works.. )

/Preben Friis
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 6:12:23 AM

> "Hal Laurent" <laurent@charm.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Preben Friis" <noone@technologist.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Remember that Alesis specifies that only newer BRCs does work with
>>> HD24..
>>
>> Citation, please? I don't believe any BRCs work fully with the HD24,
>> although some limited functionality is available.
>>
>> And what constitutes a "newer" BRC? They haven't been made in quite
>> awhile.
>
> I might have remembered wrong... This is from the Aleisis FAQ:
>
> Q: What version software BRC do I need to control the ADAT-XT, XT20 or
> LX20?
> A: BRC version 2.04 or above is necessary to control the ADAT XT.
>
> .. and I reconed that this criteria goes for HD24 as well.
>
> (My BRC is from the black-face period pre 2.04, so I never bought a HD24
> and canot tell if it works.. )

The BRC only partially works with the HD24. Anyone planning on trying might
do well to check out the HD24 list on Yahoo Groups (
http://groups.yahoo.com ).

Hal Laurent
Baltimore
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 11:22:00 AM

In article <HMIse.22$R_2.787@news.abs.net> laurent@charm.net writes:

> Citation, please? I don't believe any BRCs work fully with the HD24,
> although some limited functionality is available.
>
> And what constitutes a "newer" BRC? They haven't been made in quite awhile.

I think that what he really means is a BRC running the latest version
of software, and it supports the HD24 to the extent that it supports
the HD24, which is not as extensively as it supports the ADAT.

June 21, 2005 2:33:07 PM

I should have done more research.
Other than being able to arm tracks the BRC has no more contrrol of my
hd24 than the LRC it came with.

Anyone need a used BRC? ;(

Piper

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 10:48:25 -0700, Piper Powell

!