Behringer C1

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
June 14, 2005 3:03:08 PM

I've just gotta say that Behringer has been absolutely horrible to deal
with when I ordered my C1. Now I know this is a budget mic, but
nonetheless it should never take 3 months for something to arrive. I
ordered the mic in April, I was called a week later by the dealer who
said the mic was on backorder, only to find out weeks later, there was
no "backorder" because the mic hadn't even been manufactured yet. I
was then notified by the dealer that the product was to be released in
the first week of May. Well, I called again today, here I am in june,
and it turns out the mics have still not yet left Germany and aren't
scheduled to arrive in the US until june 20. OK> then I need to wait 3
weeks for them to arrive in Toronto, and then another 2 weeks for the
dealer to have them shipped, hopefully I'll get it by Christmas eh?

The moral of the story, don't buy Behringer, and if you ever get a
chance, could you please give them a hard time for me? Thanks.

More about : behringer

Anonymous
June 14, 2005 3:14:54 PM

Jeremy wrote:
> I've just gotta say that Behringer has been absolutely horrible to deal
> with when I ordered my C1. Now I know this is a budget mic, but
> nonetheless it should never take 3 months for something to arrive. I
> ordered the mic in April, I was called a week later by the dealer who
> said the mic was on backorder, only to find out weeks later, there was
> no "backorder" because the mic hadn't even been manufactured yet. I
> was then notified by the dealer that the product was to be released in
> the first week of May. Well, I called again today, here I am in june,
> and it turns out the mics have still not yet left Germany and aren't
> scheduled to arrive in the US until june 20. OK> then I need to wait 3
> weeks for them to arrive in Toronto, and then another 2 weeks for the
> dealer to have them shipped, hopefully I'll get it by Christmas eh?
>
> The moral of the story, don't buy Behringer, and if you ever get a
> chance, could you please give them a hard time for me? Thanks.

Alternate moral: Make sure the product you want to buy is in production and that the dealer has it
in stock. Shop around for the best deal(s) and quit blaming the Manufacturer for that which is not
so much their fault as it is the dealer who should have told you the units aren't yet for sale.

Get your money back and go find another budget mic that will do what you need.

--fletch
June 14, 2005 3:59:46 PM

I think you have been mislead by your dealer. The Behringer web page
gives some details but it is clearly not available yet. Also the reason
the mic is cheap is because it is made in China not Germany. It seems
quite common for quality control issues to delay the first ship load of
new kit from China. However, Behringer were one of the first to move
audio manufacturing to China and so they are probably on top of this
these days.
June 14, 2005 8:07:20 PM

In article <1118772188.688634.156050@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
Jeremy <jeremyv@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote:
>I've just gotta say that Behringer has been absolutely horrible to deal
>with when I ordered my C1. Now I know this is a budget mic, but
>nonetheless it should never take 3 months for something to arrive. I
>ordered the mic in April, I was called a week later by the dealer who
>said the mic was on backorder, only to find out weeks later, there was
>no "backorder" because the mic hadn't even been manufactured yet. I
>was then notified by the dealer that the product was to be released in
>the first week of May. Well, I called again today, here I am in june,
>and it turns out the mics have still not yet left Germany and aren't
>scheduled to arrive in the US until june 20. OK> then I need to wait 3
>weeks for them to arrive in Toronto, and then another 2 weeks for the
>dealer to have them shipped, hopefully I'll get it by Christmas eh?
>
>The moral of the story, don't buy Behringer, and if you ever get a
>chance, could you please give them a hard time for me? Thanks.

I am no fan of Behringer, but it sounds to me like you have the
dealer to blame. Because it _is_ a budget mike, they should have
at least warned you and offered a substitute.
--scott
June 14, 2005 11:46:51 PM

In article <1118772188.688634.156050@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com> jeremyv@nbnet.nb.ca writes:

> ordered the mic in April, I was called a week later by the dealer who
> said the mic was on backorder, only to find out weeks later, there was
> no "backorder" because the mic hadn't even been manufactured yet.

That's not unusual. At least your dealer got the correct information
from Behringer and passed it along to you honestly. Some would say
"it'll be in next week" and wait for you to call again.

> The moral of the story, don't buy Behringer, and if you ever get a
> chance, could you please give them a hard time for me? Thanks.

No, the moral of the story is that if delivery is time-critical, don't
buy something until you know it's available. And the way to tell if
it's available is if the dealer has it in stock. You won't get it
significantly sooner if you put in your order 3 months before the
product gets to the production line than if you wait until the dealer
has them in stock and just buy one then. It's not like they make just
enough to fill customers' orders. Behringer makes 10,000 of anything
at a time.

Be sensible. If it's vaporware, don't start counting days until it's
delivered.

June 15, 2005 1:59:04 AM

Fletch wrote:

> Jeremy wrote:
> > I've just gotta say that Behringer has been absolutely horrible to deal
> > with when I ordered my C1. Now I know this is a budget mic, but
> > nonetheless it should never take 3 months for something to arrive. I
> > ordered the mic in April, I was called a week later by the dealer who
> > said the mic was on backorder, only to find out weeks later, there was
> > no "backorder" because the mic hadn't even been manufactured yet. I
> > was then notified by the dealer that the product was to be released in
> > the first week of May. Well, I called again today, here I am in june,
> > and it turns out the mics have still not yet left Germany and aren't
> > scheduled to arrive in the US until june 20. OK> then I need to wait 3
> > weeks for them to arrive in Toronto, and then another 2 weeks for the
> > dealer to have them shipped, hopefully I'll get it by Christmas eh?

I'd be whippin' on my dealer, were I in your shoes. Folks I order from
always dig for the delivery scoop before they'll actually take my order
and advise when to expect to have it in hand.

> > The moral of the story, don't buy Behringer, and if you ever get a
> > chance, could you please give them a hard time for me? Thanks.

Behringer has given me professional technical support as good as it
could possibly be. You could look it up - DEQ2496 replacement,
overnight.

http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en

--
ha
Anonymous

Scott Dorsey wrote:

> Because it _is_ a budget mike, they should have
> at least warned you and offered a substitute.

But hey, if you need the real deal...

Can you imagine waiting 3 months for a mic of that grade? Maybe had a
lotta lawns to mow or something.

--
ha
!