FS2004 won't run after Win Xp Service Pack 2 installed.

Need help in getting FS2004 to start up after I've
installed the Microsoft Windows Xp, SP2. I keep getting
the error message that I need to sign in
as "administrator". Have gone through the procedures
recommended on the Microsoft Website to allow FS2004 to
run, but it does not.
1 answer Last reply
More about fs2004 service pack installed
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone.simulation (More info?)

    Rod Williams wrote:

    > Need help in getting FS2004 to start up after I've
    > installed the Microsoft Windows Xp, SP2. I keep getting
    > the error message that I need to sign in
    > as "administrator". Have gone through the procedures
    > recommended on the Microsoft Website to allow FS2004 to
    > run, but it does not.

    Known issues with XP SP2 and various products out there.

    It may help to use the "Enabling programs" section of the above article
    to allow Zone.exe, Zproxy.exe and any other Zone program that
    communicates with the Zone.

    There's a section here on disabling the XP firewall:
    http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/MultiPlayer.html#fwall

    --

    +Elmo_Tech
    MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support