Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

WHEN YOU START UP FS2004, AND YOU HAVE THE INITAL SCREEN
WITH THE MENU TO SELECT/CREATE FLIGHT,THE CESSNA THAT
REVOLVES IN THE SCREEN AS THE DEFAULT, THE BACKGROUND
FLICKERS BLACK THEN SKY, WHEN YOU START THE FS2004 IN
FLIGHT I'M GETTING BLOCKY GRAPHICS DARTING ACROSS THE
SKY, I HAVE A 20GB HDD, 1.65Ghz PROCESSOR, 512 MB MEMORY,
DOWNLOADED DIRECT X 9.0c, ADJUSTED VARIOUS SETTING WITHIN
FS2004 BUT CAN'T STOP IT, IS THERE ANYONE THAT COULD
HELP, IM NOT VERY TECHNICAL WITH PC'S. MANY THANKS

Sam

Phil -
This may not sound applicable, but what kind of mouse or
trackball are you using?
s ------------------------------------------------------

katy

Hi "PHIL" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>! On Mon, 13 Sep 2004
11:34:26 -0700, in microsoft.public.games.zone.simulation you wrote:

>WHEN YOU START UP FS2004, AND YOU HAVE THE INITAL SCREEN
>WITH THE MENU TO SELECT/CREATE FLIGHT,THE CESSNA THAT
>REVOLVES IN THE SCREEN AS THE DEFAULT, THE BACKGROUND
>FLICKERS BLACK THEN SKY, WHEN YOU START THE FS2004 IN
>FLIGHT I'M GETTING BLOCKY GRAPHICS DARTING ACROSS THE
>SKY, I HAVE A 20GB HDD, 1.65Ghz PROCESSOR, 512 MB MEMORY,
>DOWNLOADED DIRECT X 9.0c, ADJUSTED VARIOUS SETTING WITHIN
>FS2004 BUT CAN'T STOP IT, IS THERE ANYONE THAT COULD
>HELP, IM NOT VERY TECHNICAL WITH PC'S. MANY THANKS

Please loose the CAPS...

You left out the video card which may be the most important for your
display problems, what is it so we can point you to its manufacturer's
web site so you can update its drivers...

---
All the Best
Katy Pluta, MS_MVP for Simulators
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Asking questions the right way:
http://www.mvps.org/access/netiquette.htm#Asking

FS FAQ at http://www.simflight.com

Visit Project Magenta!
http://www.projectmagenta.com

Sam

You are right Katy regarding the video card. I mentioned
the trackball only because two of us have had the identical
sysptoms, which were corrected by removing Kensington's
kwm_run.exe from MSCONFIG StartUp. I have no idea why.
s --------------------------------------------------------

you wrote:

>>WHEN YOU START UP FS2004, AND YOU HAVE THE INITAL SCREEN
>>WITH THE MENU TO SELECT/CREATE FLIGHT,THE CESSNA THAT
>>REVOLVES IN THE SCREEN AS THE DEFAULT, THE BACKGROUND
>>FLICKERS BLACK THEN SKY, WHEN YOU START THE FS2004 IN
>>FLIGHT I'M GETTING BLOCKY GRAPHICS DARTING ACROSS THE
>>SKY, I HAVE A 20GB HDD, 1.65Ghz PROCESSOR, 512 MB MEMORY,
>>DOWNLOADED DIRECT X 9.0c, ADJUSTED VARIOUS SETTING WITHIN
>>FS2004 BUT CAN'T STOP IT, IS THERE ANYONE THAT COULD
>>HELP, IM NOT VERY TECHNICAL WITH PC'S. MANY THANKS
>
>Please loose the CAPS...
>
>You left out the video card which may be the most
important for your
>display problems, what is it so we can point you to its
manufacturer's
>web site so you can update its drivers...
>

>---
>All the Best
>Katy Pluta, MS_MVP for Simulators
>http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>
>Asking questions the right way:
>http://www.mvps.org/access/netiquette.htm#Asking
>
>FS FAQ at http://www.simflight.com
>
>Visit Project Magenta!
>http://www.projectmagenta.com
>
>.

katy

>You are right Katy regarding the video card. I mentioned
>the trackball only because two of us have had the identical
>sysptoms, which were corrected by removing Kensington's
>kwm_run.exe from MSCONFIG StartUp. I have no idea why.

No stranger that animated mouse pointers or shadow causing rendering
problems in FS 3D mode... :)

---