INSTRUMENT RATING PILOT CHECKRIDE ISSUE

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

I have tried to complete the Pilot checkride for an
Instrument rated certificate about 15 times in the last
few hours, yet cannot get past the missed approach
section without it failing me. The problem occurs just
after climbing to 2100ft and maintaining the missed
approach outbound heading of 339 degrees. The issue Ihave
is that I havent committed any mistakes and it still
fails me. I follow all procedures without any warnings
from the examiner. The initial inbound approach to
Seattle, Washington is 338degrees and is very easy to get
to grips with and I do everything correctly right upto
flying to 840ft at the inner marker. At this point the
examiner tells me to execute a missed approach. Which
shouldnt be to difficult since missed approach is
339degrees and climb to 2100ft. Since its only a 1degree
heading change you would think it would be straight
forward. However when I follow the procedure
(2100ft/339degrees)the examiner begins to say I am too
far right. How can this be since I have been heading on
338 degrees and have hardly touched the stick? It seems
that the VOR takes forever to change from TO to FROM and
this is why the examiner thinks I am too far right.
Although I have not changed my heading from 339/338 and
have committed no other apparent mistakes, the examiner
fails me. Can anyone out there help me out with this
one? Or tell me how you managed to complete it. I have
followed the rules, not broken any of them and it
continues to fail me. HELP ME PLEASE!

ME

dave,

go here : http://www.simviation.com/fsdhelp.htm

scroll down till you see fs2004 section and download :

""Inside the FS2004 Instrument Rating Checkride:
You've read the briefing. You've tried the checkride. Now find out what you
need to know to pass it. This document explains the altitudes, the headings,
the airspeed, the radio frequencies, the turns, the climbs, the descents,
the timers, the "ding" messages--everything the briefing doesn't tell you
about the checkride. Download file. 180K ""

it's a zip file that will open in adobe acrobat once you've un-zipped it.

hopefully it will help.

goodluck !

"Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have tried to complete the Pilot checkride for an
> Instrument rated certificate about 15 times in the last
> few hours, yet cannot get past the missed approach
> section without it failing me. The problem occurs just
> after climbing to 2100ft and maintaining the missed
> approach outbound heading of 339 degrees. The issue Ihave
> is that I havent committed any mistakes and it still
> fails me. I follow all procedures without any warnings
> from the examiner. The initial inbound approach to
> Seattle, Washington is 338degrees and is very easy to get
> to grips with and I do everything correctly right upto
> flying to 840ft at the inner marker. At this point the
> examiner tells me to execute a missed approach. Which
> shouldnt be to difficult since missed approach is
> 339degrees and climb to 2100ft. Since its only a 1degree
> heading change you would think it would be straight
> forward. However when I follow the procedure
> (2100ft/339degrees)the examiner begins to say I am too
> far right. How can this be since I have been heading on
> 338 degrees and have hardly touched the stick? It seems
> that the VOR takes forever to change from TO to FROM and
> this is why the examiner thinks I am too far right.
> Although I have not changed my heading from 339/338 and
> have committed no other apparent mistakes, the examiner
> fails me. Can anyone out there help me out with this
> one? Or tell me how you managed to complete it. I have
> followed the rules, not broken any of them and it
> continues to fail me. HELP ME PLEASE!

nelson reis

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
Dear Dave, the link that you have received is very helpful to all sections of the checkride. In fact be sure that it is one of the easiest part. Later on, " the snake will smoke" on it. After I have read and printed all the informations in that link, things become easier. I am very secure now to say that I am near get the Certificate. Ok let tell you something.
- First, press Shift Z, in order to get heading and airspeed information all the time. As you went down to SEA, mantain your altitude at 790/840 ft, do not mind when the needle go to left. After receiving the message to go around,climb attitude , and try to encounter the needle and bring it to the heading of - 339 to 341. 341 is the better heading. Be sure not to go 342. If you mantain this configuration you will go on to next stex wit no problem. It is also good to be looking to 2100 feet. As you get there reduce power a bit.
Dear Dave, it is not easy. If it was, anyone could do it...
My name is Nelson Reis, (nnreis@terra.com.br) and I am from Brasil.
I hope that it may help.