White runways with reduced visibility in fs2002

When visibility is set at or below 3 miles, runways
become white and runway markings become dark as I
approach them. The lower the visibility, the more marked
the effect.

katy

Hi "Earl" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>! On Tue, 14 Sep 2004
05:31:21 -0700, in microsoft.public.games.zone.simulation you wrote:

>When visibility is set at or below 3 miles, runways
>become white and runway markings become dark as I
>approach them. The lower the visibility, the more marked
>the effect.

What is your video card? Are its drivers up to date? Did you check
known problems in FS release notes with some of them?

---
All the Best
Katy Pluta, MS_MVP for Simulators
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Asking questions the right way:
http://www.mvps.org/access/netiquette.htm#Asking

FS FAQ at http://www.simflight.com

Visit Project Magenta!
http://www.projectmagenta.com

Radeon IGP 345M onboard video in a Compaq laptop. DirectX
is 9.0c. Release notes for FS2002: "The sky textures may
show through the terrain in certain locations". However,
this was for a different ATI video card and related to
Windows 98SE. The Hardware Update Wizard couldn't find a
newer video driver. This odd behavior does not show in
FS98, FS2000 or FS9. I would like to resolve this because
the weather system in FS9 does not lend itself well to
solid overcasts (terrain is visible through clouds) and
is a killer on frame rates. FS2002 weather, when
downloaded or set up with advanced options, is ,in my
opinion, more realistic than FS9.