* New SP1200 Sounds *

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
June 16, 2005 9:25:53 AM

Archived from groups: rec.music.makers.marketplace,rec.audio.pro,rec.music.makers.synth,alt.music.midi,alt.music.makers.sampling (More info?)

***** 15 New Floppy Disks for the SP1200 Beat Box *****

Continuing our support of vintage instruments we have updated our EMU
SP1200 Sound Library with 15 new drum disks.

203 Assorted Kicks V3
204 Assorted Kicks V4
205 Assorted Kicks V5
206 Assorted Kicks V6
207 Assorted Kicks V7
208 Assorted Snares V3
209 Assorted Snares V4
210 Assorted Snares V5
211 Assorted Snares V6
212 Assorted Snares V7
213 Hip Hop Kit V6
214 Hip Hop Kit V7
215 Hip Hop Kit V8
216 Hip Hop Kit V9
217 Hip Hop Kit 10

Each disk is filled with 32 new samples perfect for Hip Hop, Rap and
R&B Tracks. Disks are $10. each. Buy 10 and get one free.

More info can be found at;

http://www.kidnepro.com/KN/Emu/Emu_sp1200.html

Kid Nepro Productions
Quality Sounds Since 1984

Web Home Page; http://www.kidnepro.com
Sound Forum; http://www.thepatchking.com/forum/

More about : sp1200 sounds

Anonymous
June 16, 2005 10:56:04 AM

On 16 Jun 2005 05:25:53 -0700, proton wrote:

> ***** 15 New Floppy Disks for the SP1200 Beat Box *****
>
> Continuing our support of vintage instruments we have updated our EMU
> SP1200 Sound Library with 15 new drum disks.
>
> 203 Assorted Kicks V3
> 204 Assorted Kicks V4
> 205 Assorted Kicks V5
> 206 Assorted Kicks V6
> 207 Assorted Kicks V7
> 208 Assorted Snares V3
> 209 Assorted Snares V4
> 210 Assorted Snares V5
> 211 Assorted Snares V6
> 212 Assorted Snares V7
> 213 Hip Hop Kit V6
> 214 Hip Hop Kit V7
> 215 Hip Hop Kit V8
> 216 Hip Hop Kit V9
> 217 Hip Hop Kit 10
>
> Each disk is filled with 32 new samples perfect for Hip Hop, Rap and
> R&B Tracks. Disks are $10. each. Buy 10 and get one free.
>
> More info can be found at;
>
> http://www.kidnepro.com/KN/Emu/Emu_sp1200.html
>

> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
> Kid Nepro Productions
> Quality Sounds Since 1984
>
> Web Home Page; http://www.kidnepro.com
> Sound Forum; http://www.thepatchking.com/forum/

Something I've wondered since 1984, where did the name 'Kid Nepro' come
from?

Bob
June 20, 2005 5:51:40 PM

Bob;

"Nepro" Webster defines it;

Main Entry: nephr-
Variant(s): or nephro-
Function: combining form
Etymology: New Latin, from Greek, from nephros
: kidney <nephric> <nephrology>

When I was in college studying music I also took an interest in
nephrology. When I started the business back in the early 80's it was
not originally supposed to be for selling sounds. The idea was to sell
nutrition supplements for people with chronic or acute renal failure
requiring dialysis. It seemed a more stable way to make a living then
playing keyboards. Hence the name Kidney-Pro which became Kid Nepro.

That idea was ahead of it's time and did not catch on. One day while
looking through the classified section of Keyboard magazine I noticed
many sound companies selling "patches". It struck me as a good idea
since I always liked to tweak my own sounds. Since all the legal
paperwork was already in the Kid Nepro name, rather then change it I
decided to start selling sounds under that name. I can't tell you how
many calls I've gotten over the years from people thinking we deal in
dialysis so the early 90's we added "The Patch King" to the advertising
just so it would be clear as to what we were selling. Although some
people still call and ask me if I have any patches for their jackets!

I hope that clears things up.

Proton :-}
!