Intel kicks AMD's butt

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we all know. AMD has not released the X2s for laptops. Intel brought out Core-dual. No AMD X2. Now Intel has released it's Core2. What has AMD done. NOTHING!!!!!!! Score card for laptops. INTEL 2, amd 0.

miro_refero

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2006
yeah,

I waited months for the X2's to come out thinking id get a smoking deal and that they would be just as available as the core duos.

Its crazy, I have never heard of a company actually retreating like this, its like AMD new they didnt stand a chance and figured thed just go back to the old drawing board.

Thats business for you, i think its great for buyers and the market cause intel had to slash prices and fight there way back to the top of the mobile scene.

X2's are all but a distant and fading memory for me, and after months of researching laptops and boards ive decided on getting KN Executioner, more on that in another post..... so excited!

killernotebooks

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
I was talking to my ODM about this same issue.

Completely unsolicited he said, "I don't think AMD though Intel would come out with something this flashy [meaning the Core 2 Duo]. It doesn't seem like they were working on anything, and the AM2 platform was cobbled together at the last minute, because we didn't get specifications to START designing until June."

I think that says it all.

Agreed. The last I read that was months ago. That AMD was making X2s better because of Core2. But still no X2s. Since AMD has no X2s for anyone. Looks like we have to wait for 4x4 from AMD.

parmsandhu

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2005
Agreed. The last I read that was months ago. That AMD was making X2s better because of Core2. But still no X2s. Since AMD has no X2s for anyone. Looks like we have to wait for 4x4 from AMD.

Dunno want to say, but i am in Australia at the moment and i am looking for a school lappy and i can find following specs:-

Compaq Presario V3020AU

Looks awesome and feel sturdy and light.
Amd Turion 64Bit X2 @ 1.6Ghz
14.1" Lcd with Gloss Coating
1x 512mb Ram
Geforce Go6150 256mb Ram (i am a bit skeptic on this and not 100% sure)
a/b/g Wireless
3yrs Standard Warranty
$1800(AUD)

So yea it is available but to be honest i didn`t saw any advertisements about it anywhere. Maybe the same Intel Market control thingy. The laptop is real quite but lacks the punch when it comes to graphics card.

Cheers

killernotebooks

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
Yea, I think the BOSS and I are talking about rigs with decent GPU's. You actually CAN get the X2's with integrated graphics, and obviously you have one there with some sort of dedicated graphics, but with Athlon X2's specializing in ass kicking games, where's our GPU's?

What the heck we going to do with 25x more CPU than we need for the GPU?

Thanks for the update on the X2 though, good knowledge.

drcroubie

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2006
speaking of turion X2s on a socket S1, has anyone heard anything about the Semprons on socket S1? i was contemplating one when i needed just the mobility (save money with a cheaper cpu), and upgrade to a "real" turion X2 when i actually needed the horsepower.

i've (finally) seen a few Turion X2s around, roughly the same price for same specs as core 1 duo (yonahs). but i think i'm still gonna put off a laptop as long as possible now, and blow my cash on a new desktop...

killernotebooks

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
The Executioner comes with a messenger style bag, the Assassin has its own backpack (I don't even know where you could find a backpack for a 19")

I found a REALLY sweet backpack with hidden rolling deal in it at WallyWorld of all places, but when I opened it up unfortunately it didn't have a laptop pouch and the aluminum handle for rolling it was only sperated from the inner compartment by a piece of fabric.

I am seeing about having it modified to work with a notebook.

Quakindude

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Hello all, first post here.

Been around computers for a few years. I've been an AMD fanboy for quite some time. Along with Nvidia. That being said, I've always turned to Intel for my mobile computing needs. I prefer Nvidia/Intel solutions, but will take an Intel/ATI notebook, and did with my ZD8000, if it means cooler temps and longer lasting equipment.

Intel, as you all probably know, have laid down some whoopage on AMD with the introduction of the Core2. For the first time since 1994, I am looking at building an Intel based box for my desktop gaming pleasure.

Just in case you were wondering, it will be based on Nvidia's Intel Chipset and Nvidia graphics boards. :wink: But anyone with half a brain can see that Intel is now the computing King again. For everything.

killernotebooks

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
nVidia for a graphics solution just makes sense with the Sli setups. nVidia just seems to be kicking out more cutting edge stuff and actually listening to the market.

killernotebooks

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
Drum roll please....
They have arrived.

turion_x2_logo100.jpg
zatoichi_text.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.