MOTU PCI 424 Windows XP 64 bit drivers.

Last response: in Home Audio
a b \ Driver
June 16, 2005 1:15:52 PM

Thought I'd share this with everyone who might be considering XP64. Can't
really determine from this response if there is much 64 bit motivation at
MOTU at this time. If any one else is thinking about XP64 I urge you to drop
them a line requesting the drivers.

As of this time, we do not have PCI-424 drivers for the x64 edition of
Windows XP. I'm not sure what or when driver updates will be, but we post
all drivers and make all announcements about new releases on our website, so
check http://www.motu.com periodically for updates. I'll also keep your info
on hand and notify you if there are any pertinent updates.

Thanks for writing,

Josh Hetrick

MOTU Tech

In your reply, PLEASE include previous email correspondence for reference
and PREFIX YOUR SUBJECT with "ATTN: Josh."

Please include your system specifications.

MOTU Technical Support:

voice : (617) 576-3066 [Mon-Fri 9am-6pm Eastern]

fax : (617) 354-3068

email : techsupport@motu.com

web : http://www.motu.com/techsupport

downloads : http://www.motu.com/download registration :
http://www.motu.com/techsupport/register

On Jun 9, 2005, at 3:13 AM, Charles Tomaras wrote:

> I've got a 2408mk3 and a PCI 424 card. I'm putting together a new box

> based on the dual core Athlon XP64. Would love to run the 64 bit WinXP

> OS but I'm assuming I will need updated 64bit drivers from you folks

> to run this stuff? Are you folks working on it and if so, how soon do

> you think you will have a solution?

> Thanks for any ballpark information or prognostication.

> Charles Tomaras
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
June 16, 2005 11:37:28 PM

I'm wondering if Apple's switch to Intel processors will have the trickle
down affect of improving their PC software, making their MAC software worse,
or both . . . . or neither . . .
--
John L Rice
Drummer@ImJohn.com

"Charles Tomaras" <tomaras@tomaras.com> wrote in message
> Thought I'd share this with everyone who might be considering XP64. Can't
> really determine from this response if there is much 64 bit motivation at
> MOTU at this time. If any one else is thinking about XP64 I urge you to
> drop them a line requesting the drivers.
>
> As of this time, we do not have PCI-424 drivers for the x64 edition of
> Windows XP. I'm not sure what or when driver updates will be, but we post
> all drivers and make all announcements about new releases on our website,
> so check http://www.motu.com periodically for updates. I'll also keep your
> info on hand and notify you if there are any pertinent updates.
>

> Thanks for writing,
>
> Josh Hetrick
>
> MOTU Tech
>
> In your reply, PLEASE include previous email correspondence for reference
> and PREFIX YOUR SUBJECT with "ATTN: Josh."
>
> Please include your system specifications.

> MOTU Technical Support:
>
> voice : (617) 576-3066 [Mon-Fri 9am-6pm Eastern]
>
> fax : (617) 354-3068
>
> email : techsupport@motu.com
>
> web : http://www.motu.com/techsupport

> downloads : http://www.motu.com/download registration :
> http://www.motu.com/techsupport/register

> On Jun 9, 2005, at 3:13 AM, Charles Tomaras wrote:
>
>> I've got a 2408mk3 and a PCI 424 card. I'm putting together a new box
>
>> based on the dual core Athlon XP64. Would love to run the 64 bit WinXP
>
>> OS but I'm assuming I will need updated 64bit drivers from you folks
>
>> to run this stuff? Are you folks working on it and if so, how soon do
>
>> you think you will have a solution?
>

>> Thanks for any ballpark information or prognostication.
>

>> Charles Tomaras

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
June 17, 2005 4:59:19 AM

John L Rice wrote:
> I'm wondering if Apple's switch to Intel processors will have the trickle
> down affect of improving their PC software, making their MAC software worse,
> or both . . . . or neither . . .

Neither. They're still planning on writing Power software, and just
running it through an emulator. Note that this means they can switch
back to Power chips whenever they decide the price/performance breaks
that way again.

In other words, it's about like a Windows PC maker switching from Intel
to AMD. More complicated due to the emulation layer, but it's still
basically just a matter of picking tradeoffs for one particular model;
the next model may do something else.
!