Sim 2 Directx 9.0c problems

Last response: in Video Games
September 23, 2004 10:49:05 PM

Hi..I need help. I have problem running the sims 2,
everytime I tried to run it, a windows will pop up saying
that it "failed to initialize Direct 3d. Please ensure
that directx 9.0c is install". I have tried to install
directx 9.0 c from the cd but it still failed. I
downloaded it from microsoft website, didn't work either.
Download a new driver for my radeon 9600 xt. No..nothing
happen. Can anybody tell me how to correct this??

More about : sim directx problems

September 23, 2004 11:35:02 PM

I also had problems, but with a slightly different message. I solved the
problem by installing SP2 and updating my video card.

!