Sim 2 Directx 9.0c problems

Hi..I need help. I have problem running the sims 2,
everytime I tried to run it, a windows will pop up saying
that it "failed to initialize Direct 3d. Please ensure
that directx 9.0c is install". I have tried to install
directx 9.0 c from the cd but it still failed. I
downloaded it from microsoft website, didn't work either.
Download a new driver for my radeon 9600 xt. No..nothing
happen. Can anybody tell me how to correct this??
1 answer Last reply
More about directx problems
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone.simulation (More info?)

    I also had problems, but with a slightly different message. I solved the
    problem by installing SP2 and updating my video card.

    "Azlanra" wrote:

    > Hi..I need help. I have problem running the sims 2,
    > everytime I tried to run it, a windows will pop up saying
    > that it "failed to initialize Direct 3d. Please ensure
    > that directx 9.0c is install". I have tried to install
    > directx 9.0 c from the cd but it still failed. I
    > downloaded it from microsoft website, didn't work either.
    > Download a new driver for my radeon 9600 xt. No..nothing
    > happen. Can anybody tell me how to correct this??

Microsoft Directx Video Games