Multiplayer does not connect on MSN Messenger

Since uinstalling a network and router, I have not been
able to connect on DSL with my flying buddies. I can
connect using dialup and internal modem. If you connect
using a router, please tell me what changes you made. I
have tried to open Ports defined on internet searches.
but to no avail. I have XP.

rick m wrote:

> Since uinstalling a network and router, I have not been
> able to connect on DSL with my flying buddies. I can
> connect using dialup and internal modem. If you connect
> using a router, please tell me what changes you made. I
> have tried to open Ports defined on internet searches.
> but to no avail. I have XP.

SP2 adds a second firewall. The router may have its own firewall or may
use NAT. Look here for possible help:

http://www.u.arizona.edu/~trw/games/nat_or_not.php
http://www.u.arizona.edu/~trw/games/nat.htm

Known issues with XP SP2 and various products out there.

It may help to use the "Enabling programs" section of the above article
to allow Zone.exe, Zproxy.exe and any other Zone program that
communicates with the Zone.

There's a section here on disabling the XP firewall:
http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/MultiPlayer.html#fwall

--

+Elmo_Tech