Sign in with
Your question

SoundCard Help

Last response: in Components
July 8, 2003 10:53:51 PM

I have a new soundcard that I installed and I can't seem to get it to work. I know it can't bbe that difficult because I have to find where the wire plugs into, and there is only one wire. The problem is that the one wire is female with room for a male with 4 prongs, but I can't find a connection like that anywhere on my motherboard. Can someone help me out?

More about : soundcard

July 8, 2003 11:15:11 PM

You don't need any internal wires to make a sound card work. You just plug it in, connect the external speaker wires, load the drivers and you are in business.

With Windows 9x you might use a CD analog cable. This would be 4-pin female at both ends. It would connect between the sound card and the CDROM/DVDROM/CDRW drive.

With Windows XP you don't need the analog cable as XP is capable of digital playback.

<b>56K, slow and steady does not win the race on internet!</b>
July 8, 2003 11:19:50 PM

I think I may have found out why my sound is playing so low. The sound card I have does not have the compatable drivers for widows xp yet, so I hope that solves the problem. One question if you don't need any internal wires, why is it there?
a b V Motherboard
July 9, 2003 12:38:45 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That four pin header is for CD-Audio cables. They allow you to play music from a CD-ROM without doing DAE. So the matching header isn't on your board, it's on the back of your CD-ROM!

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>
!