Adobe Audition - No MP3 Tags on Export?...

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
June 17, 2005 2:20:51 AM

I am exporting out MP3's out of Audition 1.5, however there seems to be no
place to edit and save ID tag info along with it.

Is there a way to do it? In the program?

Is there another plug-in that will do it?

Any help would be great..thanks!

Frank

--
http://www.mediaartist.com/
"Media Artist Secrets"

"frank" wrote ...
> I am exporting out MP3's out of Audition 1.5, however there
> seems to be no place to edit and save ID tag info along with it.
>
> Is there a way to do it? In the program?

Menu : View : Wave Properties : Text Fields
Text Field Names: "MP3 (ID3 Tag)"

The automatic shortcut for "Menu : View : Wave Properties"
is <Ctl+P>
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 3:26:36 AM

On Jun 16, 2005, frank <frankmcma@yahoo.com> commented:

> I am exporting out MP3's out of Audition 1.5, however there seems to be no
> place to edit and save ID tag info along with it.
>
> Is there a way to do it? In the program?
>
> Is there another plug-in that will do it?
>
> Any help would be great..thanks!
>--------------------------------snip----------------------------------<

I don't know about a plug-in per se, but the best program I've found to deal
with large numbers of MP3 (or MP4 or other compressed files) is Tag & Rename,
from these people:

http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm

I'm a Mac guy, but I reluctantly use Windows for this one, because I haven't
found anything nearly as good on the Mac.

--MFW
June 17, 2005 5:14:11 AM

"frank" <frankmcma@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I am exporting out MP3's out of Audition 1.5, however there seems to be no
> place to edit and save ID tag info along with it.
>
> Is there a way to do it? In the program?
>
> Is there another plug-in that will do it?
>
> Any help would be great..thanks!
>
> Frank
I don't know about batch processing but I am using Audition V1 and you can
add ID tags within the file before saving as (I don't know why you are
exporting it as you can save a wav file as an MP3 or just about anything
else). Anyway, in the menus go to View - then wave properties and you'll be
able to add or change any tags in place in the "text fields" tab. Hope this
of some help.
Cheers
Big Craigie
June 17, 2005 5:14:12 AM

Big - if I save, as in save as...I can only save it as an audition project.
I use file/export/audio...is that correct..if there is another way to save
mp3s let me know.

So the Wave properties was not available at first, since I have multiple
tracks I want to export as one mp3. I've been working in multitrack view.

So it looks like I need to do a mix down first, and then the wave properties
comes up. So typing the info in here will make it compatible with mp3 tags?
I'm gonna give it a try...

Frank

--

"Big Craigie" <bigcraigieyourclothes13@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D 8t4lu$fu9$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk...

> "frank" <frankmcma@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I am exporting out MP3's out of Audition 1.5, however there seems to be
>> no
>> place to edit and save ID tag info along with it.
>>
>> Is there a way to do it? In the program?
>>
>> Is there another plug-in that will do it?
>>
>> Any help would be great..thanks!
>>
>> Frank
> I don't know about batch processing but I am using Audition V1 and you can
> add ID tags within the file before saving as (I don't know why you are
> exporting it as you can save a wav file as an MP3 or just about anything
> else). Anyway, in the menus go to View - then wave properties and you'll
> be
> able to add or change any tags in place in the "text fields" tab. Hope
> this
> of some help.
> Cheers
> Big Craigie

Anonymous
June 18, 2005 3:02:32 AM

"frank" <frankmcma@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I am exporting out MP3's out of Audition 1.5, however there seems to be no
>place to edit and save ID tag info along with it.
>
> Is there a way to do it? In the program?
>
> Is there another plug-in that will do it?
>
> Any help would be great..thanks!
>
> Frank
>
> --
> http://www.mediaartist.com/
> "Media Artist Secrets"
> The Blog for Creative Professionals

Look under "View" then "Info"

You can choose from MP3 tags, RIFFs etc

Jim
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 3:26:58 AM

> Big - if I save, as in save as...I can only save it as an audition
project.
> I use file/export/audio...is that correct..if there is another way to save
> mp3s let me know.
>
> So the Wave properties was not available at first, since I have multiple
> tracks I want to export as one mp3. I've been working in multitrack view.
>
> So it looks like I need to do a mix down first, and then the wave
properties
> comes up. So typing the info in here will make it compatible with mp3
tags?
> I'm gonna give it a try...

I wasn't sure if you would be working in multitrack view. I always do a mix
down and then burn the mix down version whether it be MP3 or whatever. The
constituent files in the multitrack can be kept as part of the session file
if you want to go back and fo a re-mix.
I suppose everyone has their own way of working best.
Big Craigie
March 11, 2009 6:36:02 PM

You edit the file info before exporting the file

The File Info command opens a dialog box in which you can see and add metadata—descriptive information that a computer can process and search—about the open audio file. For example, metadata can include history, loop, and Broadcast Wave information.
For audio files in WAV, mp3, or CEL format, you can use the File > XMP Info command to add XMP metadata. This extensive metadata can be shared across databases, file formats, and platforms. (See Add or edit XMP metadata.)

1. In Edit View, choose File > File Info.
2. Click the tabs at the top of the dialog box to navigate between different sets of properties.
3. Set properties as desired, and click OK.
To preserve file information when you save files, select Save Extra Non‑Audio Information in the Save dialog box.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Audition/3.0/help.html?cont...

I do remember the mp3 pro export bringing up an iD3 tag window that lets you fill in all the info before exporting.
Don't have audition in front of me so can't give you a step by step on that but look for the mp3 pro option when exporting
!