I need help with wind settings in FS2002

I have set up a flight with a crosswind. I know that it
blows intermittently. The problem is that sometimes there
are very long gaps in which it does not blow at all. Is
there a way to make the wind appear a little more
frequently ?(I don't want 'gusts', as they blow more
strongly than regular wind, I just want the wind to blow
more constantly.)

Thanks in advance.

Not sure thats possiable. FS9 is made to mimic real world
conditions in which the wind blows intermittently. All I
can suggest is to just play with the settings the best you
can. Good luck and happy flying.

i have FS2002 Pro, not FS9. For the first few minutes of a
flight the wind blows pretty much continually. Then there
will be quite long periods (two minutes or more) in which
there is no wind at all.