Help With Pro Tools Choices

Last response: in Home Audio
June 17, 2005 2:30:38 AM

I'm "migrating" (if you will) to ProTools from Cubase VST5.1R2. I'll be
using Reason 2.5, Rebirth 2, and FL Studio 5 (so I can work with VSTi's)
rewired to it. I'm looking at several configurations of audio interface
and control surface and want your opinions. I'm primarily an electronic
musician (Detroit Techno, Electro, Minimal Techno, Deep House), but will
ultimately re-add Hip-Hop to the fold. For this one reason, I will
probably need ONE mic input, but latency is still far more important to
me. The configuations I've thought up are as follows:

M-Audio Audiophile 2496 (and a nice little ART Tube MP)
ProTools M-Powered
Control 8

or

MBox Factory Bundle
Control 8

or

Digi 002 Console

I had thought of using a Digi001 and PTLE6.4, but didn't want to lock
myself into an "older" version of PTLE. I'll be using this with an
Athlon XP 2200 box w/2GB of RAM, 3-80GB ATA133 drives and a nice little
DVD burner. The original plan was for Athlon MP's, but I haven't really
seen anything regarding their use on Digi's site.

Any input/thoughts?

More about : pro tools choices

Anonymous
June 17, 2005 6:24:13 PM

Buy whatever's most expensive. Really. Besides, it's not my money.
!