mn-730 wil not connect to internet

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

I have a mn-500 base station and a laptop hooked to it
via a wireless mn-520 pcmcia card. Everything works fine
with the laptop. I also have a desktop set up with a
wireless mn-730 pci card. The desktop connects to my
wireless network, and I can see that it is connected in
the base station management tool, but it will not connect
to the internet. I have uninstalled, reinstalled. went
through the interent connection wizard no luck! Any ideas?

joker

Which OS is the computer running the MN-730 running?

Have you tried pinging www.google.com www.homestead.com & other sites
that respond to ping commands?

Also have you tried pinging to those same sites by IP address?

Have you done a tracert to a site like www.google.com?

What is the computers IP address? If it's a 169.254.*.* the MN-730
isn't even connected to the MN-500.

Answer these questions & I'll have a better idea as to what the problem is.

Steve wrote:

> I have a mn-500 base station and a laptop hooked to it
> via a wireless mn-520 pcmcia card. Everything works fine
> with the laptop. I also have a desktop set up with a
> wireless mn-730 pci card. The desktop connects to my
> wireless network, and I can see that it is connected in
> the base station management tool, but it will not connect
> to the internet. I have uninstalled, reinstalled. went
> through the interent connection wizard no luck! Any ideas?

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

IP is 192.168.2.37

can't ping anything,
I can't even get to the mn-500 base station management
tool by typing in 192.168.2.1 from the desktop with the
mn-730, but I can connect fine from my laptop with the mn-
520

thanks for the help!

joker

Can you ping 192.168.2.1?