Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Price Drop on Behringer Mixer

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 11:05:04 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Anybody know why Behringer dropped the price of it's digital mixer
(DD3216?) from $999. to about $650? (The one that's a knock-off of the
Yamaha 01V).

This USUALLY means that a successor model is on the way.
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 11:36:31 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

blackburst@aol.com wrote:
> Anybody know why Behringer dropped the price of it's digital mixer
> (DD3216?) from $999. to about $650? (The one that's a knock-off of the
> Yamaha 01V).
>
> This USUALLY means that a successor model is on the way.

That's what it means this time, too. They discontinued building those
last winter.
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 6:22:32 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

In article <1119017104.734471.215970@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com> blackburst@aol.com writes:

> Anybody know why Behringer dropped the price of it's digital mixer
> (DD3216?) from $999. to about $650? (The one that's a knock-off of the
> Yamaha 01V).

Probably because they built 10,000 of them, saw that they weren't
selling very fast, and wanted to get rid of the inventory and get out
of the digital mixer business.

That's a really good deal for someone who wants to find out what a
digital mixer is all about.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers (mrivers@d-and-d.com)
However, until the spam goes away or Hell freezes over,
lots of IP addresses are blocked from this system. If
you e-mail me and it bounces, use your secret decoder ring
and reach me here: double-m-eleven-double-zero at yahoo
Related resources
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 9:11:41 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

singproinc wrote:

> blackburst@aol.com wrote:
> > Anybody know why Behringer dropped the price of it's digital mixer
> > (DD3216?) from $999. to about $650? (The one that's a knock-off of the
> > Yamaha 01V).
> >
> > This USUALLY means that a successor model is on the way.
>
> That's what it means this time, too. They discontinued building those
> last winter.

Cite ? You have a source ?

It also means they are holding stock they need to dispose of fast - or
they'll have to delay the introduction of the new product.

Classic Behringer. Masters at the art of marketing ( and cheapness ) to be
sure.

Graham
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 3:07:09 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

"Pooh Bear" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:42B2F63D.3389248C@hotmail.com...
> singproinc wrote:
>
>> blackburst@aol.com wrote:
>> > Anybody know why Behringer dropped the price of it's digital mixer
>> > (DD3216?) from $999. to about $650? (The one that's a knock-off of the
>> > Yamaha 01V).
>> >
>> > This USUALLY means that a successor model is on the way.
>>
>> That's what it means this time, too. They discontinued building those
>> last winter.
>
> Cite ? You have a source ?
>
> It also means they are holding stock they need to dispose of fast - or
> they'll have to delay the introduction of the new product.
>
> Classic Behringer. Masters at the art of marketing ( and cheapness ) to be
> sure.
>
> Graham
>

Actually, they were all bought up in the USA (only) by one dealer, who then
made his own special offer pricing.

There are more DDX3216s on the way for summer sales.

Best Regards,


Jim Savery
Global Customer Support Manager
BEHRINGER The Americas
BEHRINGER USA, Inc
Tel: +01-425-672-0816 x 111
Direct Dial: +01-425-939-3216
Fax: +01-425-673-7647
IP Phone Ext: 5024
mailto:j.savery@behringer.com
http://www.behringer.com
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 3:16:56 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

> That's a really good deal for someone who wants to find out what a
> digital mixer is all about.

Now if only they had a direct-to-Firewire-or-USB2 I/O card for DAW
integration... (I sent them a wishlist note; reaction was something like
"interesting idea but don't hold your breath.")
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 1:17:35 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Graham

Sorry for getting back to this link so late. My source was a regional
Behringer wholesale rep; not associated with Behringer, but with a
wholesaler who then sells to dealers like me. My conversation with him
was on March 2 of this year. He intimated there was a new Behringer
digital console in the works that would appear in the summer.

That said, it seems to be contradicted by Jim Savery below, who is a
trustworthy guy from all accounts.

The people I know who have used the DDX3216 have been pleased with it.
They also were educated about the features of the board before they
bought it, and had reasonable expectations about its features and use.
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 1:49:40 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

In article <nNCdnQuFMcuADy7fRVn-tQ@comcast.com> keshlam-nospam@comcast.net writes:

> Now if only they had a direct-to-Firewire-or-USB2 I/O card for DAW
> integration...

I said it's a good deal for someone who wants to learn about how
DIGITAL MIXERS work. If that's what you want, why not get one and add
a S/PDIF-to-Firewire/USB interface and start mixing? If what you
really want is a multichanel front and back end to your computer,
that's something different.


--
I'm really Mike Rivers (mrivers@d-and-d.com)
However, until the spam goes away or Hell freezes over,
lots of IP addresses are blocked from this system. If
you e-mail me and it bounces, use your secret decoder ring
and reach me here: double-m-eleven-double-zero at yahoo
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 6:10:28 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Joe Kesselman wrote:
>> That's a really good deal for someone who wants to find
out what a
>> digital mixer is all about.
>
> Now if only they had a direct-to-Firewire-or-USB2 I/O card
for DAW
> integration... (I sent them a wishlist note; reaction was
something
> like "interesting idea but don't hold your breath.")

Behringer do have an ADAT-to-USB2 interface you can hook to
an ADT1616 in a DD3216.
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 8:13:32 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

In article <1119111455.487224.320050@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com> BobS@SingletonProductions.com writes:

> Sorry for getting back to this link so late. My source was a regional
> Behringer wholesale rep; not associated with Behringer, but with a
> wholesaler who then sells to dealers like me.

So, is there a place where one can be had for $650? (USA) Jim
indicated that one dealer made a special purchase and was offering a
special price. Since Mackie doesn't seem to be willing to give me a
dxb, I might be interested in a Behringer for really cheap.



--
I'm really Mike Rivers (mrivers@d-and-d.com)
However, until the spam goes away or Hell freezes over,
lots of IP addresses are blocked from this system. If
you e-mail me and it bounces, use your secret decoder ring
and reach me here: double-m-eleven-double-zero at yahoo
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 2:09:28 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Mike Rivers wrote:
>
> So, is there a place where one can be had for $650?
> I might be interested in a Behringer for really cheap.

$650 would be quite a good price. I'm tempted to buy another
one for that kind of money. I paid $900-ish for mine, and
then added two ADAT cards and two AES/EBU cards. Makes it a
little more spendy, but quite versatile. I also downloaded
the software patch for surround processing.

To interject an operating note or two, I finished up a
Shakespeare festival in May ("R&J" and "Shrew", 1 week of
rehearsals, 6 shows on two weekends) and used the 3216. We
used 17 wireless mics, an announcement mic and two channels
of SFX/music. Outdoors, 4000-seat amphitheatre. I could have
used the Crest XR20, but the 3216 has scene memory, FX/DSP
on each channel and no need for outboard processing racks.
All the inputs were brought in optically through the ADAT
cards and ADA8000 preamps.

Without going into any great detail, it all worked
flawlessly, and in the environment, sounded terrific.

The scene memory would have worked like a charm, as I
programmed each character into each scene with the necessary
EQ, etc. Trouble was, the cue sheets were wrong, and the
person calling the cues didn't call them correctly, so
simply stepping to the next cue was impossible. BUT, being
to recall each show's presets was a major time-saver. Press
a button, watch the various settings react instantly.

So, yeah, for $650, I'd say it's worth experimenting with.



TM
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 10:31:31 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Mike Rivers wrote:
> In article <1119111455.487224.320050@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com> BobS@SingletonProductions.com writes:
>
> > Sorry for getting back to this link so late. My source was a regional
> > Behringer wholesale rep; not associated with Behringer, but with a
> > wholesaler who then sells to dealers like me.
>
> So, is there a place where one can be had for $650? (USA) Jim
> indicated that one dealer made a special purchase and was offering a
> special price. Since Mackie doesn't seem to be willing to give me a
> dxb, I might be interested in a Behringer for really cheap.

Look in the new American Musical Supply catalog.
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 5:09:08 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

In article <1119274291.154108.167990@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com> blackburst@aol.com writes:

> > So, is there a place where one can be had for $650? (USA)

> Look in the new American Musical Supply catalog.

By golly, I just got one in the mail Saturday. There is is, right on
the back page. Sure it tempting, but . . . . nah, I think I'll pass. It
looks too much like a mixer and not enough like a console to
replace my Soundcraft 600. Wrong color. Wouldn't impress the
visitors.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers (mrivers@d-and-d.com)
However, until the spam goes away or Hell freezes over,
lots of IP addresses are blocked from this system. If
you e-mail me and it bounces, use your secret decoder ring
and reach me here: double-m-eleven-double-zero at yahoo
!