Lookin' to mess with my room mates

G

I've living in an appartment at school with with a total of 6 guys. All of us are on a LAN, as well as a single @Home cable modem connection, which I have running through an old box with Win2k. I'm looking for a way to mess with some of my room mates by sending them to different websites than the ones they are trying to get to. Is this at all possible, and/or does anyone know of a program to do this?

Thanks in advance,
Drew

What's a battle?

Killerkris

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
the easiest way is to open the hosts file in your winnt\system32\drivers\etc directory (on 2k anyway) and then manually link the site address eg www.hotmail.com to another IP. Normally the file is just quickly checked over. But if you make for example your computer an exact replica of the hotmail account login with a little script to write the password to a file on your comp they wont know the difference especially if u then redirect to hotmails IP. Or you can be nicer (roommates tend not to take that too well :p) and just redirect them to a page sayign "hi from bill gates" etc. And its all via the IP. Just do it when they're away and then test it. And have a laugh.

Killerkris

PS link www.hotmail.com to grannysex.com's IP for laughs

PPS the format for the file is this:
123.456.654.321 hotmail.com

A Life, where can i download one of those from?