Nero crashed, now system wont boot

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
we, i was using nero last night to burn and it froze. i powered down and now the system wont even post. i tried a new monitor and that is not the problem. i can hear everything spinning but i get nothing on the screen..... any ideas? is this a "feature" of nero?

....the birds seemed to be calling him, thought caw....

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
hmmm.... i'll try when i get home but im not sure that will do anything. very strange.....

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
I don't believe Nero would do that. Please give us your system specs
and let us go from there.

:lol: <b><font color=blue> Welcome to</font color=blue> <font color=red>Fredi's</font color=red><font color=blue> place.</font color=blue></b> :lol:

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
lets see... iwill xp333, geforce 3 ti200, 256 2100 ddr, 60gb ibm hd, aopen cdr, enlight case w/400wt pwr.

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
ok, i cleared the cmos and it booted to the bios checksum error screen where you have to set the fail safe defaults, but when i exit it freezes and then wont boot or post again. think it might be a bad bios? i didnt have problems for 3-4 months....

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
interesting. So if you clear CMOS it will at least boot to the BIOS config. Is that repeatable? What about if you DON'T load fail safe defaults? Does it come back up? I was thinking that perhaps a component had gone bad but the ability to POST after a clear CMOS puts doubt in my mind about that angle.

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
well, it wont do it everytime. in fact it wont do it anymore. the last few times i was able to do it, i kept getting a keyboard error.... i was going to try a bios update figuring it may be corrupt. i got that about 3-4 times (keyboard lights flashing like crazy) and now it does nothing again. i took the system apart and rebuilt it but that didnt do any good. like i said in the beginning all i did was launch nero, the comp froze, i tried to reboot, and now this. ggggrrrrrrrrr

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
doooh.... forgot to mention.... yes, the keyboard works fine. in fact, im using it now.....