Sign in with
Your question

BSoD

Last response: in Windows 7
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
March 1, 2010 6:17:18 PM

Hi All

Getting several BSoD a day and it driving me mad! I have replaced the RAM but still giving me the "fault in non paged area" error and i have reinstalled windows and the error still there

i have a pile of memdumps if someone can help me

BSoD error i have had "IRQ", "MEMORYMAGEMENT" and "NON PAGE FAULT",

with me replacing the ram and reinstalling windows, where else could cause this issue?

More about : bsod

a b $ Windows 7
March 1, 2010 6:22:50 PM

If the memory is not faulty, in a lot of instances a system driver (like video driver) is the cause of system crashes. Try booting into safe mode and let the system run. Less system drivers are loaded in Safe Mode. If the system does not crash in Safe Mode, the likely culprit is a system driver. Be sure to load the latest video driver as well as the latest Win 7 drvers from the system or MB online product page.

EDIT be sure to set the RAM voltage, timing and speed to Mfg. specs in BIOS. Undervolted RAM can cause system crashes.
m
l
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
March 1, 2010 6:26:06 PM

MiniDumps - Link

all drivers are the latest along with the latest bios, i always had this issue with this computer but it getting worse (due to using it more i suppose)
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
March 1, 2010 6:30:22 PM

Well, if you've always had this problem, then maybe it's time to get a new computer? What are they system specs (motherboard manufacturer, CPU, GPU, etc)? If you've gotten the latest drivers, then it's something to do with the hardware.

I know with my system (home built and using a motherboard that is not official supported for Windows 7 but it is for Vista) has been running Windows 7 flawlessly. No BSODs except when I tried to use newer drivers (sometimes Beta) for my video display. Otherwise, works great.

BTW, are you overclocking your CPU and/or the graphics card? If so, I'd put them back to their normal defaults and see what happens.

Also, what about cooling? Do you have the proper airflow going throughout the case? What about your power supply? What is it rated at? That could also have an effect as well.
m
l
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
March 1, 2010 6:31:33 PM

---spec---

Motherboard: DFI Lan Party LP UT X58-T3eH8 Intel X58
CPU: Intel i7 920
Memory: G.Skill 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 NQ PC3-12800C9
Video: Zotac GeForce GTX 295 1792MB
Hard drives: Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1.5TB
OCZ 60GB SSD

it not a heat issue as some nights i can stress the computer all night without it BSoD once, but some nights it will happen soon as am in from work (hit and miss a lot)

not overclocked and i got a 750Watt PSU (tried a 850 and it still happened)
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
March 1, 2010 6:35:39 PM

Run memtest, google it for the download. Perhaps a breakdown of the system to the bare essentials needed to run or a 'benchtest' installation would help diagnose any defcted hardware.

Again, the RAM must be set up correctly in BIOS. Set the voltage, timings and speed to the RAM specifications. Try increasing the voltage a bit if nothing else. Run memtest.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
March 1, 2010 6:36:09 PM

Well, now that you posted the motherboard spec, I see that was one rated pretty high on an overclocker's forum. Are you overclocking? That could be the culprit if you are.

I know you stated you have the latest drivers. Did you go and download them from the DFI Lanparty website? They do have Windows 7 drivers there. Also, I would look at your BIOS version and update it if it's not the latest. I saw on Newegg one person having problems with his because it was setting the multiplier too low, but a BIOS patch fixed it.

But again, first and foremost, if you are overclocking ANYTHING at all, put them all back to normal settings and see how that goes.
m
l
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
March 1, 2010 6:36:57 PM

I did run Memtest86+ twice without fault last week, and the ram set as request in the manual (i tried 1.5 and 1.6v as stated in the manual)

Bios and drivers are all fully updated
Computer is running at stock speed the now, no overclocking (never got round to overclocking and i will not until this fault sorted)
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
March 1, 2010 8:50:55 PM

Quote:
I did run Memtest86+ twice without fault last week, and the ram set as request in the manual (i tried 1.5 and 1.6v as stated in the manual)

Bios and drivers are all fully updated
Computer is running at stock speed the now, no overclocking (never got round to overclocking and i will not until this fault sorted)

I just had an IRQ bluescren on a workstation. The problem was a faulty wireless network adapter. The blue screen is forcing the OS to shut down to prevent damage to the system and is caused by either faulty hardware or software (driver). Something as simple as a bad SATA cable can cause a BS shutdown. A benchtest with minimum hardware reuired to power the system may provide answers. Have you tried running the system with one DIMM in slot one only. That's a start.
m
l
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
March 2, 2010 10:35:09 AM

Replaced Wireless card with another one and disabled on board and replaced all Sata cables with new ones - still happening :<

going to strip the PC tonight or tomorrow and reseat CPU heatsink
m
l
!