Floppy Drive - Wrong Letter

JadisTK

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2003
Ok. I have a Asus A7V266 mobo with a newly installed Xp 2400 CPU.

Well, in my bios there's 2 settings for me to choose for floppy drives. I choose if there is a floppy drive installed and if so, what type. Let me give an example of it

Floppy Drive A : (Then select the size of the disk, etc)
Floppy Drive B : (same ^)

Ok well, for some reason if I have Either one of them set to None, my 1 floppy drive that I have installed does not work. I have to have them both set to 1.44 mb 3 1/2 floppy

So then in windows, I have an A: drive that doesn't work and a B: drive that does. I need to know why it does this. Would switching the connector on the ribbon cable work? (Like switch it from the middle connector to the end one.) Or how I can switch it to where the A: drive is the functioning one, because I need to use a bootup floppy, and it isn't working, which I credit to the B: drive being the only floppy drive that works.

BTW I have windows XP Pro edition

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by JadisTK on 07/09/03 09:07 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

kinetic_tw

Distinguished
May 29, 2003
You need to have it connected where the floppy ribbon is twisted. There's a 7 pin twist right before the connector on the cable which designates the connected drive as "A:".

svol

Champion
The A: drive should be at the end of the cable after the twist. The B: drive is often connected to the middle connector.

I love my Delta 60HP 7000 RPM fan that puts out more dB then CFM :eek: