Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I don't know if this is the right newsgroup but I've just
loaded Sims 2 onto my PC. When I start the game I get the
following error message:

"Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics
adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a
DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have
installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer.
The application will now terminate."

I've tried to download updates from the DirectX website at
Microsoft but what is this adapter thing that I need?

Cheers,

Chris.

ME

chris,

it sounds like you downloaded DirectX 9.0c okay.

now go to your video card's manufacturer web site and download the latest
drivers for you particular video card.

goodluck!