jaythaman

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002
Hey guys,
well i went looking for a new PSU for my system yeterday in the 380-430 range. I did all my homework and noted down the names of all the PSUs you guys recommended. I knew it would be hard to find good brands here in India esp PSUs. Nobody gives a crap about them. They use 200W generic PSUs. Well 4hrs wasted and lotsa road covered. The best i could find was a 350 and 450W "unnamed" "good Company" PSU. The 450 w was a server PSU and ridiculously high prices. I was getting frustrated and was gonna buy the 350W generic but decided otherwise. SO now I've been thinkin about a dual PSU system. I mean would i help if i used a 350W and 250W PSu for Separate functions. I was thinking of powering the mobo from350W and the drives fromthe 250W one. Is it possible? svol?.
Or should i import one?

<font color=blue>If it was'nt for C, we would be using PASAL,BASI,And OBOL :tongue: </font color=blue><font color=red><b><i>Jay Kay</font color=red></b></i>

svol

Champion
Oh yes that is possible... the PC I'm typing this post on is running that way.

The only thing you want is that the second PSU which isn't connected with the mobo powers up at the same time the first one connected with the mobo.

To do this you just connect the green wire (=Power On signal wire) of the second PSU to the one of the first PSU... then you do the same for one of the black cables next to the green one.

This way they should both power up when you press the power button of your case.

I love my Delta 60HP 7000 RPM fan that puts out more dB then CFM :eek:

jaythaman

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002
Thanks, But i was thinkin ..would it help? I mean they're still "generic" PSUs.
And umm i'm too lazy to open up the case now :eek: so where exactly would i find these green and black wires? On the ATX 12V Conn?
<font color=blue>If it was'nt for C, we would be using PASAL,BASI,And OBOL :tongue: </font color=blue><font color=red><b><i>Jay Kay</font color=red></b></i><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by jaythaman on 07/11/03 02:05 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

svol

Champion
On the motherboard cable, ofcourse.

Well if you don't put a high load on a generic PSU it should do fine.

I love my Delta 60HP 7000 RPM fan that puts out more dB then CFM :eek: