scarecrow

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Lol, maybe not the place for it... but does MS have any
plans of continuing the Lancer series? The Freelancer and
Starlancer fan sites are still busy now, years after the
game has died out. Freelancer has been modded in every way
it can be modded... with literally dozens of third party
major modifications.

The continued activity is based at least in part to the
hope that the storyline and series will continue... soon.
Are there any plans? I'm sure Halo 2 is great, but don't
neglect us Lancer nerds!

scare

As a Freelancer affiendo you might have noticed my name...

There has nothing been announced by Microsoft.

I think it is likely they are working on either a Lancers-series game or a
form of "Freelancer Online".

But I also think it is unlikely that any "continuation" is going to happen
in any near future.

Cheers
Christian "Bargib" Koerner
http://www.lancersreactor.com

"scarecrow" <stp_scarecrow@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Lol, maybe not the place for it... but does MS have any
> plans of continuing the Lancer series? The Freelancer and
> Starlancer fan sites are still busy now, years after the
> game has died out. Freelancer has been modded in every way
> it can be modded... with literally dozens of third party
> major modifications.
>
> The continued activity is based at least in part to the
> hope that the storyline and series will continue... soon.
> Are there any plans? I'm sure Halo 2 is great, but don't
> neglect us Lancer nerds!
>
> scare

I'm familiar with Rob "Stinger" Fournier (IIRC). ;-)

Cheers,
Jimmy.