Your question

Power Supply

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Heat
  • Components
Last response: in Components
July 10, 2003 11:38:47 PM

I'm going for quiet. I'd like to know anyones opinion on the passive heat sink power supplies. Are they worth taking a look at? Or are they worth the money? (The only one I've ever seen cost $200)

If not, what other power supplies, 350W and up should I consider? One fan should be sufficient, I will have good circulation within the case.

Thanks.

More about : power supply

July 11, 2003 3:19:51 AM

I'm not familiar with any passive heatsink PSU's, someone else may be able to help you out in that arena.

As far as general PSU's however; The Fortron FSP series are amazing values, the FSP350 and FSP400 both being extremely underrated. Also, I've been using an Antec True Power 430W supply. It's never given me a problem, and it's very quiet along with the rest of my system.
July 11, 2003 1:39:33 PM

Try this <A HREF="http://www.silentpcreview.com/index.php" target="_new">web site</A> - they have some decent reviews and links.

<b><font color=red>It depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is. - Bill Clinton<b><font color=red>
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
July 11, 2003 5:19:16 PM

Yes, Ive given up my search for a fan psu.. even the proSilence 350 Watt is only 170W. So, I will settle for EXTREMELY quiet PSU!