Flight Sim 2004 - new update fs91upd.exe

Ole

I have reinstalled a clean version of FS9 under Windows
2000.
Next, I have downloaded the new update patch from MS.

When I try to run the update I get the error message:
"Update Error Type: 9"

Does anyone (besides Microsoft) know what that means and
what I have to do to get the fix to work?

Thanks in advance,

Ole
Brisbane, Australia

Dave1

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2004

Ole, go to
<www.microsoft.com/flightsimulator/fs2004_update9.1_english
..asp>
I got the error and had to update MSGAME8.CAB, and also
FSUIPC. Everything now works fine.
Dave

"Dave1" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrubte:

> www.microsoft.com/flightsimulator/fs2004_update9.1_english.asp

Should be

www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/fs2004_update9.1_english.asp

shouldn't it?

:)

Tom.
--
http://www.suchanhannover.de

Ole

Bill provided the correct answer to my question in another forum, here it is:

Thats because you did not get the full 27MB download. It also happened to
me. Check the size and make sure it is 27MB. I think the server is so busy
it stops the download even though it gives you the icon and it appears that
you have it.

Bill