Wireless Broadband causes XP HE to lockup

I just installed Microsoft Wireless Base Station MN-500,
now big problem.

Some type of software conflict.

my computer has xp home
less than 30 minutes after computer is started, it will
freeze up. that is the pc totally locks up.

this only happens when the MS Wireless receiver is
plugged into my usb port.

i am running a 1.3 Ghz Athlon

i have tried switching usb ports, but the problem persists

HELP !!!

Jim Kelly in cry me a river

uninstall the utility software and use xp's wireless zero config to
configure the adapter. does this solve the problem?

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 19:25:44 -0700, "jimkelly"

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist

Hello
I also had this problem with my xp home. Had bought 2 usb
wireless adapters for same pc. Both did the same thing. I
was told that some pc just don't like those things. I gave
up on it and I installed a wireless pci adapter, and it
seems to be running fine. Good luck to you. If you ever
find an anwser, maybe you can drop me a line.