flight sim 2002 problems

Hey flight simmer's!
I have a problem with my mirosoft flight sim 2002 that, im hoping you
guys out there can help me solve. (HERE WE GO)

Im having a problem configuering the boeing 777 for takeoff and,i
can't see the taxy lines from the cockpit,guiding me to the right
active runway.
The boeing 777 checklist for exsample, will say, flaps set but, to
what degree?
5,25,35 degrees what? Also. The throttle quadrant does'nt have
percentage markers on it, how would you know how much power your
applying to the aircraft when,taxying around the airport?
Is there a website where i can get that info if, mirosoft 2002 does'nt
provide it within the simulator? Also, the kneeboard does'nt provide
airport info as it pretaines to, taxying around the airport. I have no
idea where im going when taxying to, the active runway. I get
clearance to taxy but, i never know which way to go. What can i do
about this issue?

Oh, the views are of
no help seeing the taxy lines from, the bigger jets.
Hope someone out there can help me solve this problem.

Mike
4 answers Last reply
More about flight 2002 problems
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone.simulation (More info?)

    ask ATC for 'progressive taxi' .

    <theboy1900@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hey flight simmer's!
    > I have a problem with my mirosoft flight sim 2002 that, im hoping you
    > guys out there can help me solve. (HERE WE GO)
    >
    > Im having a problem configuering the boeing 777 for takeoff and,i
    > can't see the taxy lines from the cockpit,guiding me to the right
    > active runway.
    > The boeing 777 checklist for exsample, will say, flaps set but, to
    > what degree?
    > 5,25,35 degrees what? Also. The throttle quadrant does'nt have
    > percentage markers on it, how would you know how much power your
    > applying to the aircraft when,taxying around the airport?
    > Is there a website where i can get that info if, mirosoft 2002 does'nt
    > provide it within the simulator? Also, the kneeboard does'nt provide
    > airport info as it pretaines to, taxying around the airport. I have no
    > idea where im going when taxying to, the active runway. I get
    > clearance to taxy but, i never know which way to go. What can i do
    > about this issue?
    >
    > Oh, the views are of
    > no help seeing the taxy lines from, the bigger jets.
    > Hope someone out there can help me solve this problem.
    >

    > Mike
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone.simulation (More info?)

    Ask ATC for "progressive taxi".
    Flaps depend on many conditions, weather, lenth of runway, weight of
    aircraft ect. In most cases I don't use any flaps except for maybe 5 degrees.
    As far as % of throttle around airport, just use enough to get around.

    "theboy1900@yahoo.com" wrote:

    > Hey flight simmer's!
    > I have a problem with my mirosoft flight sim 2002 that, im hoping you
    > guys out there can help me solve. (HERE WE GO)
    >
    > Im having a problem configuering the boeing 777 for takeoff and,i
    > can't see the taxy lines from the cockpit,guiding me to the right
    > active runway.
    > The boeing 777 checklist for exsample, will say, flaps set but, to
    > what degree?
    > 5,25,35 degrees what? Also. The throttle quadrant does'nt have
    > percentage markers on it, how would you know how much power your
    > applying to the aircraft when,taxying around the airport?
    > Is there a website where i can get that info if, mirosoft 2002 does'nt
    > provide it within the simulator? Also, the kneeboard does'nt provide
    > airport info as it pretaines to, taxying around the airport. I have no
    > idea where im going when taxying to, the active runway. I get
    > clearance to taxy but, i never know which way to go. What can i do
    > about this issue?
    >
    > Oh, the views are of
    > no help seeing the taxy lines from, the bigger jets.
    > Hope someone out there can help me solve this problem.
    >

    > Mike

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone.simulation (More info?)

    You also might want to join this site to get better detailed answers to your
    questions.
    http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds/main/menuchoo.htm

    "theboy1900@yahoo.com" wrote:

    > Hey flight simmer's!
    > I have a problem with my mirosoft flight sim 2002 that, im hoping you
    > guys out there can help me solve. (HERE WE GO)
    >
    > Im having a problem configuering the boeing 777 for takeoff and,i
    > can't see the taxy lines from the cockpit,guiding me to the right
    > active runway.
    > The boeing 777 checklist for exsample, will say, flaps set but, to
    > what degree?
    > 5,25,35 degrees what? Also. The throttle quadrant does'nt have
    > percentage markers on it, how would you know how much power your
    > applying to the aircraft when,taxying around the airport?
    > Is there a website where i can get that info if, mirosoft 2002 does'nt
    > provide it within the simulator? Also, the kneeboard does'nt provide
    > airport info as it pretaines to, taxying around the airport. I have no
    > idea where im going when taxying to, the active runway. I get
    > clearance to taxy but, i never know which way to go. What can i do
    > about this issue?
    >
    > Oh, the views are of
    > no help seeing the taxy lines from, the bigger jets.
    > Hope someone out there can help me solve this problem.
    >

    > Mike

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone.simulation (More info?)

    "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<E81D41B3-44FE-4E4F-B421-C55F0E3AE146@microsoft.com>...
    > You also might want to join this site to get better detailed answers to your
    > questions.
    > http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds/main/menuchoo.htm
    >
    > "theboy1900@yahoo.com" wrote:
    >
    > > Hey flight simmer's!
    > > I have a problem with my mirosoft flight sim 2002 that, im hoping you
    > > guys out there can help me solve. (HERE WE GO)
    > >
    > > Im having a problem configuering the boeing 777 for takeoff and,i
    > > can't see the taxy lines from the cockpit,guiding me to the right
    > > active runway.
    > > The boeing 777 checklist for exsample, will say, flaps set but, to
    > > what degree?
    > > 5,25,35 degrees what? Also. The throttle quadrant does'nt have
    > > percentage markers on it, how would you know how much power your
    > > applying to the aircraft when,taxying around the airport?
    > > Is there a website where i can get that info if, mirosoft 2002 does'nt
    > > provide it within the simulator? Also, the kneeboard does'nt provide
    > > airport info as it pretaines to, taxying around the airport. I have no
    > > idea where im going when taxying to, the active runway. I get
    > > clearance to taxy but, i never know which way to go. What can i do
    > > about this issue?
    > >
    > > Oh, the views are of
    > > no help seeing the taxy lines from, the bigger jets.
    > > Hope someone out there can help me solve this problem.
    > >

    > > Mike

    Hey there Peter!
    Thanks for the info, i started using 5 degrees of flap and, im able to
    get airborne and stay there. As far as getting around the
    airport,progressive taxi what im trying at the moment and, it works.
    However, not all airports provide it and, top down view is'nt always
    the answer, i can't see the runway number's from that view. Anyway,
    you seem to have gaven me the best advice so far so, heres another
    question for ya. The 777 aircraft has a nav computer on board, i place
    my destination info into the destination box. Is there a step im
    missing because, when i takeoff i get no departure info as to, what
    heading to turn to in order to, get to my destination. Im i doing
    something wrong before takoff?
    Or, im i not putting all the pre takeoff info into the GPS computer?

    I quess what im trying to say is, right now im just flying around
    aimlessly. It would be nice knowing, how to get to my destination for
    a change.
    Hope you can hook me up with the info i need to, start getting from
    one place to another.

    Thanks alot.
    Fellow Flight simmer.

Microsoft Video Games