Beep sound from PC

Maggie_24

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012
I turned on my computer it wouldn't boot up and started to emit 4 beep sounds continually. Cant find a code fto explain 4 beeps. Any ideas what could be the problem

Solution
Two beeps on a Dell means your RAM is not detected. Open the case, remove and re-seat the RAM and try restarting.

Four Beeps also indicates a memory issue on Dells (this took 2 seconds in google to find btw) sounds to me like you need to try new RAM and if that doesn't fix it then you need a new Motherboard.

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
What brand of computer are you using?

Usually the beeps at the beginning have a meaning that is specific to that brand of computer.

The first thing you should check is that your RAM is installed correctly (ie; firmly in place and not slightly out.) after that check everyother component one by one.

With out more detail about the make and model of your computer, as well as what you last did on the computer before the error showed up. It will be very hard to help you.

Maggie_24

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012
[I am using a Dell Inspiron 580s Desktop Have taken out and checked Ram and same appear to be in place, not sure what I should check next. After I checked the Ram The computer changed from 4 beeps to only 2 beeps now. Am grateful for your advice

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
Two beeps on a Dell means your RAM is not detected. Open the case, remove and re-seat the RAM and try restarting.

Four Beeps also indicates a memory issue on Dells (this took 2 seconds in google to find btw) sounds to me like you need to try new RAM and if that doesn't fix it then you need a new Motherboard.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS